PDA

View Full Version : Mapline Depth Filtering

kharzen
04-15-2004, 03:27 PM
I searched the forums and found a few threads that talked about this issue... but wasnt able to find a solution.

In zones such as SSRA, in the basement.. I have not found a way to get the program to show just that floor. The same thing when killing in PoTactics by pigpen.

I have read threads saying it was believe to be relating to the negative height the game has you at.. in the case of both of these .. I believe it was neg250 ish, but as I mentioned never could find if this has been addressed.. or is on the 'official' to do list.. :) .. or is just me missing something simple. I have played with the depth options fairly extensively.. I have not editted any code in an attempt to fix this at that lvl.

Thanks.

Kharzen

ieatacid
04-16-2004, 04:17 PM
This is what I do and it seems to work fine for me in most places. In some newer zones the maps won't show up right but then I just turn depth filtering off. I just edited mapcore.cpp and keep a copy of it that I copy to my SEQ folder each time I update. This is from a post by suseuser7341 here: http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3749

The factor 10 seems perfect right for PoK. I could only test PoK, so not sure if the change works for everything.

Changing CurZ to CurZ/10 in lines 1459 and 1479 of mapcore.cpp worked for me. There may be a typo in line 1475, I did change the "0" to "i" in that line as well. Sorry for not bringing up a patch, but my editor somehow changes empty lines, which brings up a huge diff file.

So in mapcore.cpp I changed CurZ to CurZ/10 in lines 1459 and 1479, and in line 1475 changed the 0 to an i. Save then recompile.

Cryonic
04-16-2004, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't recommend just blindly dividing z by 10 in all maps as only some of the maps are off and the rest are either fine or lack that information.