PDA

View Full Version : No maps or data displayed

tfnaaf
04-21-2004, 09:15 AM
noob question :)

ok here is the setup dsl modem > Hub > Linux box /client box . Quick question should i use internal ip watch network traffic, or the modems ip? When i use modem ip i get this info....

GuildMgr: WARNING - could not load guildsfile, /usr/local/share/showeq/guilds2.dat
Categories Reloaded
Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map'!
EQInterface::loadFormatStrings(): Failed to open '/usr/local/share/showeq/eqstr_us.txt'

When i use the internal ip of the client box it never goes past .....

Listening for IP client: 192.168.0.2

Needless to say i cant get SEQ to display maps or any info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx! and yes i tried to search but not know exzactly what to search for has resulted in very little help :)

uRit1u2CBBA=
04-21-2004, 09:50 AM
To get the guild file, have SEQ running before selecing the server you play on. That's when the data is captured and the file is generated.

The eqstr_us.txt is the file that is in your EQ folder on the PC - just FTP it to your linux box where it is needed.

When you first load, there will be no map, and you will see the unknown errors -- those are normal .. when you zone for the first time, then you should start seeing things.

Cryonic
04-21-2004, 05:49 PM
psst....

you most likely don't have a hub if it never goes past just saying listening for client.... and you are in game and zoning....

ksmith
04-21-2004, 11:41 PM
What Cryonic said. If it's a Linksys, it's probably not a hub even it if claims to be.

tfnaaf
04-23-2004, 12:08 AM
well it was the SO CALLED hub i was using, it was a linksys. I have the older style linksys real cheap one laying around so i poped it in and TA -DA ! it works. Thanks for the insight all