PDA

View Full Version : Redhat installed - need help with wireless

dstanzler
05-01-2004, 05:13 PM
My Setup

I run a wireless network.

I have a linksys BEFSR41 Hub

connected

to a Netgear 801.11a/801.11b access point (I realize this is a switch, and am going to replace it once everything is set up).

which transmits to: Netgear HA311 802.11a network cards (installed on 3 computers).

RedHat on Linux machine (with a wireless card).

My Question
I have tried LinuxAnt and tried pulling various drivers off the web in order to install my Netgear PCI card. Each time I have failed. It appears that there may not be drivers for the card.

Do you guys know of any places where I could find these drivers or any suggestions about how to program / install the Netgear card without putting in a different card?

Thanks,
Dave

Cryonic
05-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Last I checked, SEQ won't work off a wireless card.

This may be due to the lack of wireless drivers that can enter monitor mode to actually be used for packet sniffing.

As for where to get drivers...
http://team.vantronix.net/ar5k/
looks to be the best for your card, but they aren't complete...

dstanzler
05-02-2004, 02:40 AM
I already tried those...but thanks a ton. Wired is best, but my mom tweaks when I run cables across the hallway =/.

Dave

evalsegaw
05-02-2004, 07:54 AM
Have you considered using a wireless bridge? I have all of my machines in one room wired normally to a plain old hub, but one port in the hub connects to a wireless bridge, which talks to the wap/router. A wireless bridge will run you maybe a little over $100.

lildr00d
05-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Thats the setup I use. A Wireless Bridge to a router with my hub pluged into the bridge with SEQ and EQ. My Router / Bridge combo cost about $75 after mail in rebates ;-)