PDA

View Full Version : Retrieving beta 7 via CVS

keendevil
05-05-2004, 10:15 PM
First of all I run a debian box

I tried using the command on the homepage, and i tried using the command from the CEQ CVS page in order to connect to the CVS server anonymously..

I have connected to the server, but cannot retrieve showeq from the server.

After connecting i used this line :

cvs co -r pre_5_0_beta showeq

Nothing happens.

I also tried :

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co pre_5_0_beta showeq

Nothing..

I never had a problem just installing showeq using the FAQ, but downloading the beta is starting to become a pain in the butt..

I downloaded the tarball, extracted the files, and attempted to compile, but the version doesnt read 5.0.0.7

I'm not a linux person, but I'm able enough to learn how to do most of this stuff. I've searched the forums on installing 5.0.0.7 but havnt found much as far as my problem goes.

I'd like to just use CVS because i believe that would be easier since that is how i've always done it in the past, but it isnt cooperating, what's wrong with the line i'm using to retrieve it?

Thanks for any help..

Flaming will probably be understood :)

keendevil
05-05-2004, 10:24 PM
apparently

pserver:[email protected] .sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/seq co showeq

is wrong..

the .seq shouldnt be in there, its just cvs.sourceforge.net ?

Does this make sense? its downloading now .. why would it say .seq if that doesnt work anyays

Freakyuno
05-06-2004, 12:55 AM
It's my understanding that CVS has recently changed recently. The

:pserver:[email protected]

was the old way of doing it.

uRit1u2CBBA=
05-06-2004, 05:45 AM
Good find .. I was fighting with this all week (I've installed about 4 distro's last week trying to find something I liked)

keendevil
05-06-2004, 09:21 AM
I thought I was the only person having this problem since I couldn't find any posts referring to having CVS problems..

I'm just glad I was able to bring up something that might help someone in the future.

I refused to try and use the tarball on the download site because last time I downloaded beta 5.0.0.7 via sourceforge website, When i compiled, installed, and ran showeq it didnt show up as version 5.0.0.7 at all.

The CVS method is MUCH easier, and more reliable in my opinion, and cleric's quick fix was easy enough for any bone head to do..of course it took about 30 minutes to figure out how to save a file after writing to it with the debian 'view' command :P

Oh well, I guess once you figure out how to download and update this stuff, new patches or versions arent a problem since you've done it before.. figuring it out is the hard part :-(