PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to Beta

tyrrund
05-06-2004, 02:31 PM
I have looked for info on upgrading my version to the new beta. The info on the main page doesnt seem to work. I saw another post on same question and he never explained how he got the cvs to work. Im a real noob to this so if someone can link a step by step I would really appreciate it.

uRit1u2CBBA=
05-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Use cvs.sourceforge.net instead of what's in the docs.

(old one was cvs.seq.sourceforge.net)

tyrrund
05-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Ok when i try the line export CVSROOT=pserver:[email protected]:/cvroot/seq I then type in next line cvs login I get error Bad CVSROOT. Any clues on what im doing wrong?

uRit1u2CBBA=
05-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by tyrrund
Ok when i try the line export CVSROOT=pserver:[email protected]:/cvroot/seq I then type in next line cvs login I get error Bad CVSROOT. Any clues on what im doing wrong?

You are missing a colon. the line needs to look like this:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq

tyrrund
05-06-2004, 07:33 PM
Sigh got passed that now I am stuck at CVS password:

Evilcowboy
05-06-2004, 09:54 PM
When you are prompted with a password, just hit enter. Once you do this, the download will proceed.

Sparkz
05-07-2004, 01:36 PM
why dosent someone just post a "howto install showeq beta"
sorry but i just dont have the skills to do it, i barely figure this stuff out myself.....(flame if ya must), just thought it would cut down on posts. anyway just want to tell everyone that they have done such a wonderful job with the development and upkeep of showeq over the years, anyway c yall ~n~ eq ;)

junk
05-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Zaphod DID post a "How to install 5.0.0.7 for dummies", it's the second post on the main page (http://seq.sourceforge.net/) . There's nothing more to it than that. Anything that shows up as :p should actually be ":p". Also, the CVS server is "cvs.sourceforge.net", not "cvs.seq.sourceforge.net".

(Edit: added CVS server info)

keendevil
05-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Yes nothing much more to it than that, but his command is wrong..

He has an extra ' .seq ' in his CVS server connection line that shouldn't be there, and it is throwing a ton of people off...

From the posts ive read anyways

Cryonic
05-07-2004, 09:39 PM
That change to CVS is only a few weeks old....

keendevil
05-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Exactly, and the patch was implimented afterwards..so there ya go

Massive confused hopeless people

<insert prayer here>

/amen

Dedpoet
05-08-2004, 10:16 AM
I promise to put some effort into getting the FAQ cleaned up after this weekend. I've had a revised FAQ on my hard drive for a couple of months, but I no longer have access to the original at the macsrule.com website to update it. There is some crazy new FAQ system available through this site that I have access to, but it's several hours of copying and pasting to set it up properly.