PDA

View Full Version : Running redhat9 gcc 3.2.3 qt compiles crashes at run /usr/bin/gmake prompt

dstanzler
05-09-2004, 04:00 AM
On RedHat 9
[custom install all packages]

In order to install QT i removed all of the 3's from gcc and g++ in the gmake.conf.
It worked. When I ran it with gcc3 and g++3 it failed.

So QT is compiled and ready for work, and game the prompt:

run /usr/bin/gmake

I tried this and was spammed my looping errors saying things NO_SOANSO. Then it would exit in the fashion of

[1]
[2]
[3]....I've seen this error format on numerous posts and I played with everything the INSTALL.NEWBIE -- and -- tried every tactic that every post reccomended.

So now I'm stuck here.

When I enter the /run/usr... command into the root prompt in a terminal session it says: run command does not exist. But QT is installed.

So what can I do? What can i do? Its 3am here, I've been playing with this all day (7 hours). Please, any advice?

Dave

dstanzler
05-09-2004, 11:08 AM
This message occurs when qconfig.inf has the gcc's edited as gcc3

Creating qmake. Please wait...
g++3 -c -o qconfig.o -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -I/home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3/include/qmake -I/home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3/include -I/home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3/include -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP /home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3/src/tools/qconfig.cpp
gmake: g++3: Command not found
gmake: *** [qconfig.o] Error 127
qmake failed to build. Aborting.
[root@localhost qt-3.2.3]#

and this is the error I get when it finishes compiling at the gmake prompt:

Qt is now configured for building. Just run /usr/bin/gmake.
To reconfigure, run /usr/bin/gmake confclean and configure.

AND when I type run... I get this:

[root@localhost qt-3.2.3]# gmake
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3'
cd qmake && gmake
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3/qmake'
gmake[2]: `qmake' is up to date.
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3/qmake'
cd src/moc && gmake
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3/src/moc'
gmake[2]: Nothing to be done for `first'.
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3/src/moc'
cd src && gmake
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3/src'
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_SHARED -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DQT_NO_IMAGEIO_MNG -DQT_NO_IMAGEIO_JPEG -DQT_NO_STYLE_MAC -DQT_NO_STYLE_AQUA -DQT_NO_STYLE_INTERLACE -DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSXP -DQT_NO_STYLE_COMPACT -I/home/dstanzler/heq/qt-3.2.3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I3rdparty/libpng -I3rdparty/zlib -I3rdparty/opentype -I../include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.moc/release-shared-mt/ -o .obj/release-shared-mt/qapplication.o kernel/qapplication.cpp

Then...it exits

Several posts have said to upgrade the software...but I am running the most recent of all software.

Thanks,
Dave

dstanzler
05-09-2004, 01:58 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOT! GOT IT WORKING YES! YES! YES!

See my latest post for Newbs and Redhat 9.