PDA

View Full Version : drawmap.cgi gives solid black png image

jaq68
05-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Tried using search and found some good info, but still wasnt able to solve my issues.

Using the lastest non beta build, downloaded from cvs, and fresh compile, added the offest fixes for the last patch.

Compled with the enable cgi option and get no errors while compiling, and the scripts show up in my cgi folder just fine.

I do not have db3 support, so none of the spawn and item scripts work.

I was just trying to get the drawmap.cgi to work. It opens up fine, and lists the maps I have installed, but when trying to display any map. it just displays a solid black png image.

Using Redhat 9.0, with select all picked during install.

ksmith
05-14-2004, 09:42 AM
I don't know of anyone who actually uses the showeq cgi programs. Depending on what you want to do, you may find a solution in my sig, or you'll have to talk with Mapfiend.

junk
05-15-2004, 08:52 PM
I remember way back when that the --enable-cgi option at compile time actually did more harm than good. I never heard if it was fixed or not.

anonymoose
05-16-2004, 04:33 PM
I know you said you were using latest non beta build but is what I got trying to enable cgi with betas 5 & 6

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4710

Anywho, I think during the later parts of the version 4 builds cgi stuff got boinked and never was fixed / updated.

Cryonic
05-16-2004, 08:35 PM
cgi was broken by the GD lib, not by the SEQ devs. GD removed the ability to create gif images due to patent bullshit from the company owning the patent (namely suing people left and right to get them to pay the royalties). I don't know if any of the devs ever looked into the cgi code to fix this, or maybe it got modified some to keep the error from bombing the SEQ compile with people that did turn the option on during configure.