PDA

View Full Version : Fedora Core 2 compilation errors.

liffy
05-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Several times during the compile of showeq 5 I received segmentation faults. Just rerunning make recompiled the failed portion and the continued and eventually failed again. Once all the objects were built, I received an undefined reference error. Below are the Seg Faults and the reference error. This is a fresh install of Fedora Core 2:

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq/\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -MT messagewindow.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/messagewindow.Tpo" -c -o messagewindow.o messagewindow.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/messagewindow.Tpo" ".deps/messagewindow.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/messagewindow.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
messagewindow.cpp: In member function `void
MessageWindow::disableAllHideUserFilters()':
messagewindow.cpp:965: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

================

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq/\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -MT m_messageshell.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/m_messageshell.Tpo" -c -o m_messageshell.o m_messageshell.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/m_messageshell.Tpo" ".deps/m_messageshell.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/m_messageshell.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
messages.h:68: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

================

g++ -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -o showeq main.o spawn.o spawnshell.o spawnlist.o spellshell.o spelllist.o vpacket.o editor.o filter.o m_spawnshell.o m_spawnlist.o m_spellshell.o m_spelllist.o m_editor.o packetfragment.o packetstream.o m_packetstream.o packetinfo.o m_packetinfo.o packet.o m_packet.o packetcapture.o packetformat.o interface.o m_interface.o compass.o m_compass.o map.o m_map.o util.o experiencelog.o m_experiencelog.o combatlog.o m_combatlog.o player.o m_player.o skilllist.o m_skilllist.o statlist.o m_statlist.o filtermgr.o m_filtermgr.o mapcore.o category.o m_category.o compassframe.o m_compassframe.o group.o m_group.o guild.o m_guild.o netdiag.o m_netdiag.o logger.o m_logger.o xmlconv.o xmlpreferences.o m_xmlpreferences.o seqwindow.o m_seqwindow.o seqlistview.o m_seqlistview.o zonemgr.o m_zonemgr.o spawnmonitor.o m_spawnmonitor.o spawnpointlist.o m_spawnpointlist.o spawnlistcommon.o m_spawnlistcommon.o spawnlist2.o m_spawnlist2.o spells.o datetimemgr.o m_datetimemgr.o m_spawnlog.o spawnlog.o packetlog.o m_packetlog.o datalocationmgr.o eqstr.o messages.o m_messages.o message.o messagefilter.o m_messagefilter.o messagewindow.o m_messagewindow.o messageshell.o m_messageshell.o terminal.o m_terminal.o filteredspawnlog.o m_filteredspawnlog.o messagefilterdialog.o m_messagefilterdialog.o diagnosticmessages.o mapicon.o m_mapicon.o ui_mapicondialog.o m_ui_mapicondialog.o filternotifications.o m_filternotifications.o netstream.o guildshell.o m_guildshell.o guildlist.o m_guildlist.o bazaarlog.o m_bazaarlog.o itemdb.o m_itemdb.o gdbmconv.o -L/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib -lqt-mt -lpthread /usr/lib/libgdbm.so -lz -lpcap -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/X11R6/lib
m_mapicon.o(.debug_info+0x213cd): undefined reference to `.LC6176'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

liffy
05-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Interestingly enough, I rebooted the server, and it recompiled fine. Looks like Core 2 still needs a little polish.

uRit1u2CBBA=
05-26-2004, 12:15 AM
At least you got it loaded .. I downloaded 2 sets of ISO CDs and an ISO DVD, and neither passed the initial sanity check, and failed the install due to something "missing or corrupt"

I had to blow it all away and go for a Gentoo installation.

bonkersbobcat
05-26-2004, 02:52 AM
Um... If it failed the sanity check then you have a corrupt download. Of course it is not going to work. I would recommend using something like wget to pull the images down (or any tool that can correctly restart a failed download.) Please don't blame the distribution because you can't get it downloaded.

BB

uRit1u2CBBA=
05-26-2004, 06:01 AM
I never placed blame anywhere. I just said I couldn't get it running.

perlmonkey
05-27-2004, 05:35 AM
I would recommend using something like wget to pull the images down (or any tool that can correctly restart a failed download.)
Torrent is their preferred download mechanism and it works great. I downloaded all four ISOs fairly fast using torrent, even with uploads happening the whole time (torrent is p2p, and shares what you're getting as you get it).

uRit1u2CBBA=
05-27-2004, 07:55 AM
I used Torrent to get a DVD of FC2-dev about a month ago, and wasn't impressed with it .. took about 2 days to download it.

Is it faster with FC2 official release (assuming that more people are getting the file at a time)?

I noticed it was also saturating my upstream, which makes downloading of anything else difficult, so I toned the max uploads down, does that affect my download rate as well (not knowing exactly how torrent works yet).

Thanks.