PDA

View Full Version : Current Guilds2.dat

T0bai
05-27-2004, 08:39 PM
With the new interface, it no longer grabs guilds2.dat. Or at least that's what I'm guessing. There's alot of opcodes errors, so it just probably just needs to be looked at.

I did a completely clean install to beta.08. Everything works perfectly except for guilds.

I tried copying the guild2.dat file from eq directory and still no go.

Before copying the guild2.dat

Warning: GuildMgr: Could not load guildsfile, /root/.showeq/tmp/guilds2.dat

After

Warning: GuildMgr: Guildsfile not loaded, expected size 32832 got 49156

Unfortunally, I dont have a copy of my old guild2.dat file from before I did the new install. It's probably something simple.

I also noticed, guilds2.dat is in ~/.showeq/tmp now instead of the previous place of /usr/local/share/showeq/

I tried putting the file in both places.

Thanks if it's a simple fix. I know there's more important things to look at and this is probably pretty low if it doesnt work right.

I<3EQ
05-30-2004, 10:52 AM
I think I'm having the same problem but just to make sure we're on the same page. I recently moved my SEQ machine from Slackware 9.1 to Mandrake 10.0 official. Before I moved, I did a 'make distclean' to my SEQ source tree and archived it. Afterwards, I extracted it and recompiled with no problems.

Now that SEQ is installed, I don't see guild names after peoples' names when I mouse over them - I see a 3 digit number in the guild names place. Is the same thing happening on your client?

Since I did not have these problems before I moved (and therefore was probably using an old guilds2.dat), I'm assuming it's the same problem you're having.

EDIT: I just pulled the latest CVS and it exhibits the same problem as well.

T0bai
05-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Yes, I see numbers next to the peoples names at where the guilds should be listed at..

I did a complete linux reinstall, cvs, patched, compiled and ran. The program works fine. But it does not seem to be successfully grabbing the guilds2.dat file when it's sent over the network to your client.

Before I upgraded, it worked so I assume it was reading an old guilds2.dat file that it obtained from an older run. Probably way before the new login screen interface showed up.

Right now, I do not see a way of getting showeq to get a new guild2.dat file. One quick temparary solution would probably ask someone on your server to send you thiers and throw it into your showeq directory to see if it works still. All the guild releated functions are still operational now it seems.

I thought this question belonged here since it was an install question. There seems to be a larger problem, so I will link this to the dev section and hopefully someone is able to look at the code from there.

Cryonic
05-30-2004, 08:37 PM
guilds2.dat is loaded from the EQ servers whenever you choose which server you want to play on. so to get a current copy of it, just log into the server you are interested in and if SEQ is not catching it, try copying it over from your EQ directory.

I see at least one of you is using SEQ 5.x, but neither of you explicitly state which version you are running....

I<3EQ
05-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Q (quote you):

I see at least one of you is using SEQ 5.x, but neither of you explicitly state which version you are running....

A (quote me):

I just pulled the latest CVS and it exhibits the same problem as well.

A (quote T0bai):

I did a completely clean install to beta.08.

More explicitly, I am experiencing this problem version 5.0.0.9 pulled from the CVS server sometime around noon on 29 May. I originally noticed the problem on version 5.0.0.7 which I had updated with all the patches to make it work with the current version (5/26ish) of the EQ client.

I have not yet tried moving the file from my EQ directory as the other user stated that did not work. I will try doing that and let you know what I find.

I<3EQ
05-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Interestingly enough, there's no longer a guilds2.dat file in my EverQuest directory (or on any directory on any drive in my computer). Since I still see guildtags in the game, it looks like SoE must have changed how guild information is sent to the client with the last patch.

T0bai
05-31-2004, 02:17 AM
I am using version 5.0.0.8. I pulled it down from cvs shortly after the last live patch.

I did try copying my guilds2.dat file from /eq directory on my windows machine to /showeq. Which gave me the error messages as I listed on my first post.

I have tried login in multiple times from multiple machines. I have tried the 'slow' login through each of the login windows. I have tried the quick login throught the username/password screen. I have tried quick login from the server select screen as well. I did go through all the motions of login in completely with showeq running correctly and listening.

I have tried 'Reload Guilds File' located under File in showeq. Which gave me the error message I listed up above.

This isn't application breaking, so I wouldn't expect a fast response. There definally was some change since the last patch with the new login screen and the way eqclient handles this now it seems tho.