PDA

View Full Version : QDate and QTime errors + segmentation fault

Tadyenrt
05-27-2004, 09:28 PM
I have a new install of SEQ 4.3.21 on a new install of Redhat 9.

I followed this forum item (Newb help: Redhat 9 and ShowEQ -- http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4828) for installation. Thanks!

It installed cleanly, and I am using a real hub (Netgear EN104).

1) I start SEQ, then start the EQ client. Upon starting the EQ client, I get a whole bunch of QDate and QTime errors due to 'invalid date' and 'invalid time', followed by a segmentation fault, which crashed SEQ.
OR
2) I start the EQ client first, then SEQ. I get no data in SEQ until I zone. Then the packet counter starts increasing from zero. At that time, I get a whole bunch of QDate and QTime errors due to 'invalid date' and 'invalid time', followed by a segmentation fault, which crashed SEQ.

The Errors look like this:
QTime::setHMS Invalid Time 95:198:00.000
QDate::setYMD Invalid Date 18756-88-96

The times and dates are impossible ones, like the ones above. There are also a few 'error on zone-client...' errors. It appears that it is just not parsing the packets properly.

I am hoping this looks familiar to someone who is familiar with the workings of SEQ, and you can at least give me some search terms to look for, or aim me in the right direction. I have searched on qdate, qtime, and segmentation fault, but have found nothing useful.

If I knew what was relevant to the issue, I would include pertinent information, but I don't know where to start yet.

Thanks,

--Jim

Blind Aviator
05-27-2004, 09:44 PM
I am getting similar errors...
CVS update to 5.0.0.8 with the latest spells_us.txt and eqstr_us.txt...
Starting Showeq first shows it to load properly and waits for communication with EQ... Soon after logging into a toon I get the following errors (hundreds of each):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: INVALID PACKET: Bad CRC32 [192.168.0.101:1680 -> 64.37.148.27:15900] seq 0004 len 18 crc32 (00003227 != 4520b5ca)

Warning: OP_TimeOfDay (0x27) (dataLen: 18) doesn't match: sizeof(timeOfDayStruct):8

Warning: error on zone-client: size > left (size=158, left=29, opcode=0x012f)

Segmentation fault

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas??

SeqTester
05-27-2004, 10:17 PM
there is a manual fix in the Dev section, this is from the 5-26 patch. Link to FIX (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4855)

Blind Aviator
05-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Thx much for the link... Am trying the changes and re-compiling now...

Tadyenrt
05-31-2004, 09:22 AM
Thanks SeqTester. After reading up a bit in the Dev forum, I decided it was best to go ahead and use the beta release anyway, as it seems to be the one most likely to be repaired after a patch. As the thread indicated, it already had the patch applied too. Thank you for the friendly pointer. I am up and running now. Very cool product!

--Tadyenrt