PDA

View Full Version : 5.0.0.9 Lag problems?

dakkon4
06-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Just got back from 3 months of USMC Boot camp to find my glorious 5.0.0.7 SEQ broken! Loaded up CVS, patched away and recompiled, worked flawlessly, but now I noticed that when SEQ loads, it always grinds, like 99% lag, mouse is choppy, I can't do anything like click on the toolbar or whatever, I can click close, which takes around 15-20 seconds and then X is back to normal, nice and smooth, no lag.

I figured it might be my old RH 7.2 system, so I formatted, and reinstalled the new Fedora Core 2, grabbed the latest CVS of 5.0.0.9 and compiled with no errors, launch it and I get the exact same 'lag' problem, I've tried the --itemdb-disable that I saw from some searching, but didn't see any real fixes or anything I could do to remedy this problem.

If anyone knows of anything I can do I'd greatly appreciate the help, as this is driving me insane. :eek:

dakkon4
06-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Its a Fedora Core 2 install, running QT 3.3.2 also.

dakkon4
06-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Found that once I open SEQ and it initially lags, I can hit Ctrl-Alt-T to toggle the toolbar, takes a few times since the programs lagging so hard, but eventually the toolbar will go away and the program comes back to normal, then I just toggle the toolbar again and its fine. So it appears to be some sort of issue with the toolbar or something associated with it.