PDA

View Full Version : version 5.0.0.8 or 5.0.0.9 tarball

MightyWarrior
06-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Is there anywhere I can download a tarball for 5.0.0.6 or 5.0.0.9 which ever is the current beta. I can't seem to get cvs to work and compile correctly

Thanks
MightyWarrior

Cryonic
06-03-2004, 09:45 PM
That is called a barrier to entry....

MightyWarrior
06-04-2004, 06:11 AM
Oh yea I forgot this is the no help help forum.

Thanks Cryonic

Sorry for asking.

reaver
06-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Latest version does not have a tarball.

Learning to use cvs would be the best bet.

-reaver

MightyWarrior
06-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Thanks reaver

The Question was answered. Simple question simple answer. Which was all I was asking.

I know how to use CVS and I have the latest non beta version up and running. HOwever, everytime I try to get the beta it will not compile. I have tried all the tweaks, patches and files that are in the posts with no luck.

/rant on

I should have known however that there would be some smart ass reply to my question. As in cryonic's reply. I will just try and figure it out on my own.

nuff said
/rant off

MightyWarrior

Cryonic
06-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by MightyWarrior
I know how to use CVS and I have the latest non beta version up and running. HOwever, everytime I try to get the beta it will not compile. I have tried all the tweaks, patches and files that are in the posts with no luck.

MightyWarrior

Seeing as how all the tweaks and patches were applied to CVS (which is where v5.0.0.9 comes from) you must be screwing up what is working by applying more patches to it.

ksmith
06-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Use CVS. It works and it always gets fixed first. I'm not going to make or host a tarball because it's a waste of bandwidth.

This is how you get a fresh copy of the latest ShowEQ source from CVS:

$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq
$ cvs login
$ cvs co -r pre_5_0_beta showeq

This is how you get updates from CVS:

$ cvs -z3 up

It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Barshamm
06-06-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by ksmith
Use CVS. It works and it always gets fixed first. I'm not going to make or host a tarball because it's a waste of bandwidth.

This is how you get a fresh copy of the latest ShowEQ source from CVS:

$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq
$ cvs login
$ cvs co -r pre_5_0_beta showeq

This is how you get updates from CVS:

$ cvs -z3 up

It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Very true, and so far, you are the only one I've seen that has posted that simple of an explaination. Sometimes it seems that the 'gurus' want to post obtuse lines of code with absolutly horrible explainations just to either make them look like gods or to hide the fact that Linux is not really all that hard. Job security I guess.

Anyway, thank you for your clear and consice posts.

ksmith
06-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Barshamm
Very true, and so far, you are the only one I've seen that has posted that simple of an explaination. Sometimes it seems that the 'gurus' want to post obtuse lines of code with absolutly horrible explainations just to either make them look like gods or to hide the fact that Linux is not really all that hard. Job security I guess.

Anyway, thank you for your clear and consice posts.

It's a matter of not wanting to explain the same thing over and over again. Those cvs instructions are copied (almost) verbatim from Zaphod's post on the main page. The change I made was to the name of the cvs server but that information is also on the boards in a separate post about Sourceforge changing how the cvs servers are setup.

Before you adopt a have vs. have-not mentality, understand why Cryonic responded the way he did. The information was (is) openly available if you knew what you were looking for. The problem is you asked the wrong question.

Keep in mind that the ShowEQ forums are kinder and more gentle then they ever have been. The "barrier(s) to entry" were much tougher in the past because ShowEQ was the only program of its kind then and SoE/Verant would go out of their way to break SEQ almost every patch. The fewer people using it, the less likely someone would use it to cause trouble and the less likely SoE would try to stop SEQ from working.

Be glad you weren't any of these people:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4415
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3715
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3473

uRit1u2CBBA=
06-07-2004, 10:21 AM
I must say, that amazon link brought a smile to my face and a tear in my eye ;) hehe

newbie_royal
10-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Do wee need to update this to get the maps from a new tree or is still covered upder this CVS?

uRit1u2CBBA=
10-01-2004, 05:09 PM
I would blow away everything you have and start it over with the directions posted in the release message of .15 now that maps are in a seperate tarball.

BlueAdept
10-01-2004, 07:07 PM
newbie_royal, why are you bumping a thread that is 4 months old?

newbie_royal
10-01-2004, 08:21 PM
cause it was the link in the for "Use CVS" in KSmith's Signature. I assumed this was the right place for CVS type question. Obviously I am very wrong. (BLUSH)

Tar balls are okay but I had an automated script to fetch from cvs to keep my SEQ current and compiled nightly. :-)

I'm running 5.X.15 just wanted to automate . :-)

BTW some great work guys. SEQ has been in top form and had some cool additions of late.

tanner
10-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Is there anywhere I can download a tarball for 5.0.0.6 or 5.0.0.9 which ever is the current beta. I can't seem to get cvs to work and compile correctly

What Linux distribution?

There are current snapshots of 5.0.0.15, the latest release for both debian and slackware.

Debian:http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5082
Slackware:http://www.showeq.net/forums/showpost.php?p=37050&postcount=4