PDA

View Full Version : Not getting 5.0.0.9 from CVS update

keendevil
06-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Doing a CVS update after completely removing my showeq directory, causes me to end up with 5.0.0.8 , bazaar.cpp wont compile , etc..

Were all the ' temporary fixes ' from the past patch implimented into the latest CVS ? I should be getting 5.0.0.9 without needing to apply any fixes shouldnt I?

Sorry cant get ahold of what the problem is.

I had 5.0.0.8 Running decently with alot of temporary patches, but I would always get random crashes and two windows that looked buggy as hell always popped up upon starting showeq each time..

Can anyone relate to my problem or offer a solution?

Thanks

keendevil
06-06-2004, 01:01 AM
Alright I managed to get 5.0.0.9, Turns out the CHANGES file i got from the CVS let me know it was really beta 9.

The problem was not adding #include <ctype.h> .. (duh right?)

However the two annoying windows still pop up when starting the program..

The experience window and the combat window.
They display nothing, and they're buggy looking..not a big deal, I just close them..just informing everyone.

uRit1u2CBBA=
06-06-2004, 08:35 AM
If you save the settings after closing the windows, they shouldn't re-open for you.

keendevil
06-06-2004, 01:24 PM
I tried saving with 5.0.0.8 , but they still re-opened..ill try again and see what happens..

By the way im getting random segmentation faults every couple of hours or so that causes seq to crash.

This common? Havnt had time to read up on it yet

keendevil
06-06-2004, 01:36 PM
also giving me cannot find eqstr_us.txt and spells_us.txt

I know i need to use those two instead, but where the hell do I get them?
Read through dozens of posts about how you need to 'use' them..but how do you go about actually doing that?

I dont see them for download anywhere..do they come with the package? Do i need to alter a file?

ZeroSkillz
06-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by keendevil
also giving me cannot find eqstr_us.txt and spells_us.txt

I know i need to use those two instead, but where the hell do I get them?
Read through dozens of posts about how you need to 'use' them..but how do you go about actually doing that?

I dont see them for download anywhere..do they come with the package? Do i need to alter a file?

Pretty sure those come from the Everquest directory on the game machine

internetmafia
06-17-2004, 10:41 PM
having Samba setup will help with getting those files off your game box.