PDA

View Full Version : new spawns all come up as "unkown" in 5.0.0.10

Papa Schlong
06-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Sorry if this is common knowledge. I did a search on unknown and didnt' find any relevent info. I just setup a box running RH 9 and installed the latest SEQ without problems. It seems to run fine, but any new mobs that spawn come up as "unknown". I can log or zone and the unknowns are gone, but it's not very helpful when clearing placeholders hoping to see named pop.

The SEQ FAQ mentions a bad hub or network card if you get unknowns, but I'm skeptical since this only occurs on new spawns.

Thanks for any info.

Papa Schlong
06-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Was thinking about my situation. I have a router hooked up to my modem, then I had to use an old hub for my EQ and SEQ box (100MB switch wasn't working for it). The old hub is only 10MB, so it might be causing problems.

I got a 2nd nic in the RH box, but I'm nto sure how to start/run IP Masq'ing. Is there a built in program for it (using GNOME)? Downloaded Firestarter, but it seems to be mostly a firewall with NAT support. Would prefer just standard NAT without firewall.

Also, I'd need a patch/cross over cable from the 2nd nic to my EQ computer right?

Thanks for any info.

Cryonic
06-19-2004, 07:09 AM
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3

Papa Schlong
06-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Doh! Thanks for the info.

Wish I saw that before I bought the new nic and spent a couple hours researching IP Masq on the net! Finally got it working, so I guess it wasn't a total waste.