PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ 5.0.0.7 and Player updates

n00ber_01
07-04-2004, 12:27 PM
I am a noob. Both in the use of Linux and the use of ShowEq.

I have managed to follow the directions throughout this site to get SEQ up and running. I have patched the system to what I believe is the latest CVS. However, I have an issue I am unsure how to resolve.

Here is what I have:
Linux SEQ box
Fedora Core 2
P3 400
256 MB RAM
60 GB HD

EQ machine
Windows XP
P4 3.06
1 GB RAM

Linksys 4 port router connecting to my DSL
3Com 3300 TM switch behind the Linksys

Both the above machines are plugged into the 3300. I have port monitoring enabled to mirror all the packets from the EQ machine to the SEQ box.

Everything seems to work fine until I want to display the PCs in the zone. This value nev er updates with new entiries. For example: If I enter an LDoN mission first, I am the only listed PC. If I enter last, all members are shown in SEQ. If at any time any one of them dies, they are lost to SEQ.

Any thoughts on why this may be happening? Is it an issue of my packet mirroring on the switch, filtering setting, version issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

- The noob

Cryonic
07-04-2004, 01:05 PM
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3

n00ber_01
07-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Baed upon your link, I grabbed your zone XML update.

That seems to have fixxed it.

I was avoiding the Developer Section thinking that was more people discussing the debugging of issues rather then actual replacement code.

Looks like a need to browse this section more. My seach did not get this thread as I was looking for something more specifc with the Player Charater updates.

Thanks for the help.