PDA

View Full Version : new spawns still show up as unknown

granai
07-10-2004, 12:42 AM
well i got showeq running...but any new spawns are still showing up as unknown....i patched the zoneopcode.xml that is listed here (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4883)

plz help

Cryonic
07-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Well, from the wonderful lack of information you posted, we can't really help you much.

You found the patch, so what did you do after that....

granai
07-10-2004, 08:31 AM
sorry about that...
i read the entire thread...and it seemed the only thing the patch changed was the zoneopcode.xml...and someone posted a link to download the updated file...so i downloaded that file and replaced the original one in showeq/conf folder....

i didnt apply the patch b/c from what i understood from reading the post, all the patch did was change that individual file....and im a linux noob so i wanted to do the simplest solution.

thanks for the help

Cryonic
07-10-2004, 08:49 AM
if you replaced the copy in showeq/conf then it didn't replace the copy that SEQ actually reads on load

just type:
make install
from inside the showeq/conf folder

granai
07-10-2004, 10:01 PM
ok...when i typed make install from the showeq/conf folder i got this

make install
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mrt/seq/showeq/conf'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/share/showeq
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 seqdef.xml /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml
/usr/bin/install: cannot remove `/usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml': Permission denied
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 worldopcodes.xml /usr/local/share/showeq/worldopcodes.xml
/usr/bin/install: cannot remove `/usr/local/share/showeq/worldopcodes.xml': Permission denied
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 zoneopcodes.xml /usr/local/share/showeq/zoneopcodes.xml
/usr/bin/install: cannot remove `/usr/local/share/showeq/zoneopcodes.xml': Permission denied
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 seqopcodes.dtd /usr/local/share/showeq/seqopcodes.dtd
/usr/bin/install: cannot remove `/usr/local/share/showeq/seqopcodes.dtd': Permission denied
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 seqpref.dtd /usr/local/share/showeq/seqpref.dtd
/usr/bin/install: cannot remove `/usr/local/share/showeq/seqpref.dtd': Permission denied
make[1]: *** [install-pkgdataDATA] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mrt/seq/showeq/conf'
make: *** [install-am] Error 2

im assuming with the errors at the end i did somethign wrong

so i had the zoneopcode.xml file that i downloaded from your thread...and i put it in the showeq/conf folder and overwrote the orginial file that was in there...then from inside the showeq/conf folder i typed make intstalll.. was that correct?

let me know please....thanks again

granai
07-10-2004, 10:19 PM
i figured out it works alot better if i enter the stuff as Root..hehe

so now i got it working and im good to go

thanks alot cryonic for helping me get it setup, sorry again about the dumb questions.....

LordCrush
07-11-2004, 06:43 AM
If you want to run Showeq not as root look at this thread

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2019&highlight=chmod

I curently use sudo to run things as root. It is a package that will allow you to grant a list of commands that can be run as root by specific users. Another alternative is to chmod 4777 showeq. This will do two things. Allow anyone to run the application, and cause the application to run as whoever owns it. If the file is owned by root it will execute as root.

Thanks
Grimjack

You need to do the compile as root ;)