PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ShowEQ not finding QT libs

tigerknight
02-10-2002, 01:54 AM
I've got qt-2.3.2 freshly compiled and installed, yet the seq configure script keeps reporting that it's unable to find the libraries. I've even explicitly given an option to tell it where they are, but that fails to.

I was wondering if there is some specific file name that seq is looking for as a library for qt? I did an 'sh -x' on the configure script and watched it find the right library path along with a dozen others it tries, and then tell me that I don't have qt installed; so all I can figure is that it's a specific file name it's looking for.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks :]

PS: here's what the script errors out with -

checking for Qt... yes
>> Found version.: 2.3.2
>>> Headers......: /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/include/
>>>> Libraries...: Unable to locate?!?
configure: error: Please verify your Qt lib install!

Cryonic
02-10-2002, 03:04 PM
read:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=273

tigerknight
02-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately I wasn't able to pull much out of that to be useful, as the differences start pretty early on. Here's the layout:

I'm using an installation of Debian, Woody distribution.

2.4.17 kernel

minimum requirements on all other needed packages for ShowEQ.

The qt installation was a hand compiled 2.3.2 version, with -thread -gif and -sysjpeg options. I received no errors during qt compilation.

I've tried having it in /usr/lib /usr/local and now /opt with no luck. The QTDIR and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables are in place as they should be, and I've checked the lib path under qt-2.3.2/lib to make sure that it's not empty.

I'm stumped, and about the only guess I have left is that it's looking for a specific file name (like so.1 or something) and it's not finding it. Here's what's in my lib directory, just in case it might be some insight to the rest of the crowd.

libqte-mt.so
libqte-mt.so.2
libqte-mt.so.2.3
libqte-mt.so.2.3.2
libqte.so
libqte.so.2
libqte.so.2.3
libqte.so.2.3.2

tigerknight
02-10-2002, 05:57 PM
Nailed this one out finally. I did a lot of poking around the seq files and finally found that it wanted libqt-mt and I had libqte-mt, linked it in and presto!

Now it's just complaining aboug not finding MOC. Oh well, mating call of the geek: 'Next problem!'

tigerknight
02-10-2002, 06:00 PM
woohoo - got rid of this one too :] somehow the qt environment variable got slipped to /usr/opt rather than /opt o_O no clue how that happened.