PDA

View Full Version : I keep getting the wrong Version of SEQ

jesterbam
07-17-2004, 04:52 AM
HI folks, For those that have not read the other thread. I have had SEQ running via patches / tarball since 4.0 something. Even had 5.0.11 working but decided to do a new install and re-document the process of CVS downloading since so much has changed.

Yesterday the CVS was fubbar as discussed in http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4916

Today I have been downloading from the CVS and I get 4.0 or 5.0.7 using these commands:

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq

Gets me 4.0....

export CVSROOT=server:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq
cvs login (just hit return when asked for password)
cvs co -r pre_5_0_beta showeq

Gets me 5.0.7

Thread http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4910 alludes to the above script not getting the correct version 5.0.11 then references thread http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4912 which for the life of me I can't find the correct script to grab 5.0.11.

As noted in earlier threads the FAQ are not current and old links to threads pre web site shift are no longer good. I suspect the answer is in those threads but since I can't get there I was hoping someone might point me to a current thread to dig out the answer.. Once I get it done I will document it here for other folks who kept SEQ working via patches and fell behind in doing a correct CVS update/new install.
Thanks

reaver
07-17-2004, 06:08 AM
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq
Gets me 4.0....

co showeq is the correct syntax for the 4.x branch.

export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq

Gets me 5.0.7

This got you 5.0.07 early Friday or before. But now CVS has rolled down and this is giving you 5.0.0.11 now. pre_5_0_beta is the tag for latest 5.x branch.

jesterbam
07-17-2004, 06:31 AM
Thanks Reaver.

I blew away (renamed) everything and anything associated with Showeq and repeated your script:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq

followed by:
cd showeq
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure && make

where it failed with references to not having all the QT and g+++ stuff ( I wish I knew how to cut and paste from the term window, i asked on the boards a while back and was ignored so it has to be so simple a doofus can do it, I just haven't figured it out yet...yep Iam sub-doofus) so I

export QTDIR=/opt/qt-x11-free-3.1.1
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export CXX=g++3
export CC=gcc3

make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

Which WORKED!!!!! Whoop Thank you for the help :D

Dedpoet
07-18-2004, 10:19 AM
jesterbam, not to make things any more confusing, but next time you build, try skipping all the export lines:

export QTDIR=/opt/qt-x11-free-3.1.1
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export CXX=g++3
export CC=gcc3

If you have a recent linux distro (RH9, Mandrake 9+, Fedora, Gentoo, etc), then you most likely don't need to type all that unless you have multiple versions of QT and/or gcc for some reason. If you are running RH8 or another old distro, you may well still have to do this. Give it a shot without, and if ./configure pukes on you, then go ahead and keep doing the exports.

I'm hoping to have a revised FAQ done and hopefully hosted by the end of next weekend, and it will include this update. I'm out of town on business at the moment so can't currently update.