PDA

View Full Version : QT Compilation error

steve4king
07-25-2004, 05:36 AM
None of the other posts I found seemed to directly address the same issue.

Please bear with me, as I am a linux newb.

Tried this first time on debian linux this error happened so i decided to simplify and use the same version that the walkthrough used (redhat 7.2) same exact error. diff comps, diff linux.

[]# cd /usr/lib/qt-3.2.3
[]# export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.2.3
[]# export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
[]# export MANPATH=$QTDIR/man:$MANPATH
[]# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
[]# ./configure -thread
[]# gmake
[]# gmake install

when I run gmake:

kernel/qfontengine_x11.cpp: In member function 'bool
QOpenType::supportsScript(unsigned int'):
kernel/qfontengine_x11.cpp:2203 'FT_Err_Table_Missing' undeclared (first use this function)
kernel/qfontengine_x11.cpp:2203: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
gmake[2]: *** [.obj/release-shared-mt/qfontengine_x11.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/lib/qt-3.2.3/src'
gmake[1]: *** {sub-src] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/lib/qt-3.2.3'
gmake: *** [init] Error 2

If anyone could let me know what the problem/solution might be; please toss me a few words and fill me in heh.

Thx

steve4king
07-25-2004, 06:20 AM
decided to try to compile seq regardless;
Checking for QT... yes
>> Found version.: 3.2.3
>>> Headers.......: /usr/lib/qt-3.2.3/include/
>>>> Libraries.....: Unable to locate?!?
configure: error: Please verify your Qt lib install!

purple
07-25-2004, 09:43 AM
That's probably an Xft symbol. Maybe try turning off Xft when you run configure for QT.

steve4king
07-25-2004, 10:54 AM
ran:

./configure -no-xft
/gmake

seemed to be compiling properly after that.. but noticed there were a lot of errors on everything configured from /doc

same problem while trying to configure seq

"unable to locate library"

checked /usr/lib/ and noticed there was a QT 3.2.1, maybe the older file might have been preventing a proper update?

elf
07-25-2004, 05:19 PM
[]# cd /usr/lib/qt-3.2.3
[]# export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.2.3
[]# export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
[]# export MANPATH=$QTDIR/man:$MANPATH
[]# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
[]# ./configure -thread
[]# gmake
[]# gmake install

Based on this, you are telling it the libraries are in /usr/lib/qt-3.2.3/lib

Check through there, see if that really is where the files are. Locate or find libeditor.a or lib-qt.so, and see what folder those are in. You mention an old Qt install, so ignore the files in those folders and see that you did install Qt 3.2.3. Should be able to find the right folder with a little seaching. Then just change your shell variables, and it shouldn't give ya anymore problems.

steve4king
07-26-2004, 02:10 AM
was going to install newest freetype, but didnt know how to properly do anything beyond download and extract.

Removed both QTs(before Elf's post) installed qt-3.3.2 apparently without err. however, i forgot to edit the /linux-g++/gmake.conf to change the references to gcc and g++ to version 3...

Do i need to re-run gmake now? and do i need to clean it somehow and reconfigure before running "[root]# gmake $$ gmake install" ?

*Edit - Didn't delete clean or reconfigure, just attempted to "make" seq. Detected gcc3 and G++3 but got the:
"something wicked happened while trying to validate
your QT installation!!! please verify your libraries."
Same thing happened to: http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4919 when he installed the same version of QT... there are no solutions on his thread,

does SEQ currently have a problem with QT 3.3.2?