PDA

View Full Version : SEQ for WoW?

rramsey
07-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Any rumors as to whether or not someone is working on a version of SEQ for World of Warcraft?

Their track system is a bit more painful, meaning you have 5 different versions depending on what you want to look for.

fester
08-13-2004, 04:12 AM
It would be trivial.

There are already several "magelo" style packet sniffers for items. I just read a thread last night that a server emulator was almost up to the same level that the eqemulators are today.

Also, I personally looked at the data stream to find it is all plain text over the wire. So the difficulty in mapping out the structures should be very low.

In the most crude way, you would rewrite the ShowEQ packet routines to convert WoW packets to the structures EQ packets have and leave the upper layers processing EQ packets.

Alethal
08-13-2004, 05:14 AM
I guess the point is to know whether or not a Show WoW would be useful not if it is possible to make one. Any idea what kind of data is sent to the client? Is there any of it worth a new development?

Fatal
08-13-2004, 02:32 PM
I haven't looked at the stream but from the way gameplay goes, I am going to have to say that I don;t think all mobs are sent to the client when you enter a 'zone'. I think data is sent down once you get in to a certain radius of a mob/object.

Zeppo
11-24-2004, 01:04 PM
I figured it would be like SWG where the mobs weren't loaded until you get fairly close to them, but what about other players?
I would really love to see a ShowWoW and think it would be extremely usefull.
I really miss being able to look over at my ShowEQ screen and see where I am in relation to other people and mobs.
If I knew the slightest thing about programming I would definately give this a shot and share it out to all that wanted it.
But, alas, I am but a humble hardware tech nerd unlearned in the ways of codeslinging.

Zeppo
12-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Ok, if I were going to attempt to convert SEQ to read WoW packets, where would I begin?
Just maybe a pointer to the correct forums or webpages to read would be awesome.

Thanks!

elf
12-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Use the source, luke. Start at the packet mangling, I mean handling functions, and see what data form seq expects, then manipulate the WoW data to that if you really want.

jimmy6154
02-21-2006, 03:55 PM
anyone ever give this another thought?