PDA

View Full Version : Odd invalid packet/seg fault question

icetech
07-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Hi all.. been using seq a long time and recently switched to 5, one thing i have noticed is that in the terminal im running in im getting thousands of "Warning: INVALID PACKET: Bad CRC [ip:port] seq 9c4a len 104 crc32" usually different values but in that format...

If i start like emule it goes nuts and segfaults with no error at all.. just a seg fault msg... it looks like seq is trying to decode every packet it sees not just eq packets.. my question is, is this a setting problem? or perhaps another problem im missing?

P.S. i did search before posting. hope i didnt miss it.. and sorry bout the bad sentence structure... bad habit:)

Zandramas
07-26-2004, 06:55 AM
As long as SEQ works its fine. I get those errors.. SEQ is a packet sniffer, so it will come across network traffic it does not understand.
If you dont want to "See" those errors, just open showeq from run instead of a terminal window. It will run faster anyways.

icetech
07-26-2004, 08:23 AM
well i wouldn't mind cept it makes it seg fault if i run any other network intensive programs:) no biggy thanks though:)

Cryonic
07-27-2004, 09:39 AM
session tracking

lildr00d
07-27-2004, 12:30 PM
I've noticed the same problem and it apears to come from IPv4 services and a specific IP address on the internet. Does anyone know of a way to remove this address or another address from the SEQ sniffing?

Dedpoet
07-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Check this thread (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4876&highlight=teamspeak). There are some directions in there for excluding undesired network traffic, or including only traffic to the EQ servers.