PDA

View Full Version : showeq starts but no map, no spawns etc etc

Korre
07-26-2004, 12:58 PM
ShowEQ starts just fine, but as said in topic i get no map up even tho it recognizes i've changed playfield and it states it knows the playfield aswell:

Zone: ChangeCode: Client, Zone: poknowledge

Also i get no spawns, it doesnt even autodetect what lvl / class i am.
I have taken down the latest cvs and patched with 7-18-patch aswell successfully.
I dont use a hub i use a switch but i do monitor all activities on my EQ box to my SEQ box (all info from EQ box connection is sent to SEQ box) which would be the same as having it on a dumb hub. Have tried with both promisc and nonpromisc on eth0 aswell.
If anyone could hint me on what to look at next that would be perfect, here is some data about my install and all. I also remember you had to download some file before but i dont see any link to it or it being described in either INSTALL or INSTALL.newbies so i figured i didnt need that now.

For updates and information, please visit http://seq.sourceforge.net/
ShowEQ 5.0.0.11, Built from 'main.cpp' on Jul 26 2004 at 20:18:07
CVS: @(#) $Id: main.cpp,v 1.33.6.3 2004/01/16 20:22:10 dohpaz Exp $ $Name: pre_5_0_beta $
Using GCC version: 3.2.2
Using glibc version: 2.3
Using Qt version: 3.1.1
Using headers from linux version: 2.4.20
Using EQItemDB: @(#) $Id: itemdb.cpp,v 1.10.6.1 2003/12/07 06:30:43 dohpaz Exp $ $Name: pre_5_0_beta $
Using GDBM: This is GDBM version 1.8.0, as of May 19, 1999.
Running on Linux release 2.4.20-31.9 for processor i686

Using config file '/root/.showeq/showeq.xml'
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Unable to open file: /root/.showeq/showeq.xml!
Info: Listening for client: x.x.x.x
Info: Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Info: Filtering packets on device eth0, IP host x.x.x.x
Info: Loaded 5583 spells from '/usr/local/share/showeq/spells_us.txt' maxSpell=0x164d
Warning: GuildMgr: Could not load guildsfile, /root/.showeq/tmp/guilds2.dat
Debug: ItemDB: Disabled
Info: Loading Filters from '/usr/local/bin'
Info: Loading Zone Filter File: /usr/local/bin
Info: Loading Zone Filter File: /usr/local/bin
Info: Categories Reloaded

Dedpoet
07-26-2004, 01:29 PM
I dont use a hub i use a switch but i do monitor all activities on my EQ box to my SEQ box (all info from EQ box connection is sent to SEQ box) which would be the same as having it on a dumb hub.

How exactly are you doing this? It sounds to me like this is exactly the problem - that your Seq box can't see your EQ network traffic. Are you using some third-party hardware or software solution?

Zandramas
07-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Im going to have to agree also. You can monitor traffic with a switch depending on what one you have, but for 10.00 you can get a nasty old hub <and this is what you need> to get showeq to work.

Also, next time you open Showeq, make it look the way you want and then go FILE/SAVE.. That will get rid of the showeq.xml file error.

Untalented
09-06-2004, 12:13 PM
What/Where can I get a dumb hub for 10 bucks that is 100mbit?

I<3EQ
09-06-2004, 02:16 PM
www.pricewatch.com is always a good place to start looking.

www.newegg.com and www.tigerdirect.com are two retailers I use for outstanding service (and some great clearance prices).

Other than that, go to a local computer show and rummage or look for sites like www.computersurplusoutlet.com that specialize in corporate surplus. Rummage in the return bins if you're lucky enough to live close to a Microcenter.

I paid $15 for my 8port 10/100 3Com OfficeConnect hub a few years ago and I'm quite sure I found it through pricewatch but I do not remember the exact site.