PDA

View Full Version : Show EQ in Microsoft Virtual PC

kyblze
07-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Has any one managed to get this working with VPC. I am poor and dont have linux box. well im wrong i got the app working just cant think of a way to get it to packet sniff. If any has had experiance with this please let me know

Zandramas
07-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Check your virtual network card settings.. That might help.. Just get a small junky pc to run linux on.. Running in VMWARE or VPC wont help much since you still need to switch back and forth.. I have 2 monitors..

Dedpoet
07-28-2004, 07:54 AM
If you're definitely working with only one box, you may want to consider MySeq (http://www.myseq.net). It runs in Windows, is easier to set up, and won't require a second box or any emulation to run. These days is has most of the functionality of Seq and some other stuff that Seq does not have. Personally, I prefer the Linux solution, but in your situation you may want to consider the alternative.

kyblze
07-28-2004, 08:31 AM
thanks guys I really like the linux version better. I guess i can watch the pawn shops for a POS that i can run it on..

anonymoose
07-28-2004, 04:15 PM
should be easy to find one at a pawn shop for 100 dollars or less. I ran showeq for years on a p233 mmx with 96megs of ram and a pci voodoo3 16mb card with various releases of the ever so bloated redhat just fine.

LordCrush
07-29-2004, 04:24 PM
I only can confirm that it works with VMWare, but i never tried to run the VM on the same PC.

I use the VM mostly for testing :)

krisp
07-29-2004, 05:54 PM
works great in virtual pc 6 on my mac, using ettercap to sniff packets.