PDA

View Full Version : cannot connect to server

kermit340
07-29-2004, 05:24 PM
i've downloaded showeq(for win) + the map files , i load a map and click on go

but when i do this apper a message says: cannot connect to server

how do i 've to config showeq for let's he work?
may i have made some mistake on setup?

I<3EQ
07-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Hmmm... good question. Please leave your (EQ) server and in-game character name and I'll see if we can't get this worked out over tells. Thanks.

elf
07-29-2004, 06:38 PM
showeq for windows? You mean MySEQ, right?

For this, you have to run the server program first, it starts up in a dos box last I tried it. You have to leave this running, then start the Map program and hit go.

Otherwise, if you have some other program, you might have gotten confused. ShowEQ runs under linux. Not windows.

PS: I<3EQ, if I didn't know better, I'd say that sounds vaguely like 'send me a tell and get /reported,' And while that may be an interesting way to get MySEQ users back to their own message boards, it just doesn't seem kosher. :rolleyes:

Zandramas
07-29-2004, 07:03 PM
This is for the Linux ShowEQ.. :)

I<3EQ
07-29-2004, 10:41 PM
PS: I<3EQ, if I didn't know better, I'd say that sounds vaguely like 'send me a tell and get /reported,' And while that may be an interesting way to get MySEQ users back to their own message boards, it just doesn't seem kosher.

Darn. I aer teh found out. ;)

Dedpoet
07-30-2004, 08:31 AM
kermit340, head on over to http://www.myseq.net. Those guys have their own forums and can answer any questions you may have about their product.