PDA

View Full Version : Show EQ not updating zones

BigDaddy321
07-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Hello!

I tried a search for show eq updating and for refreshing, not finding anything, so I will post here.

My show eq seems to work fine when I first zone in, and it updates when people leave the zone, but it does not update when people enter the zone. I have tested this with some friends, and as soon as they leave the zone, they drop off show eq, but no matter how many times they come and go after that, they never show up again on show eq.

I haven't done any customization of show eq.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
BigDaddy

S_B_R
07-30-2004, 11:22 PM
Working as intended...

topgun
08-01-2004, 05:23 AM
Been using search like hell too..... i have the excact same problem....

Why is it intended ? Clarify please.

Dedpoet
08-01-2004, 08:10 AM
What is your network setup? When you move your character around, does the Seq map show you moving? What about when other people move, can you see them moving?

BlueAdept
08-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Are you 2 boxing? I have noticed some flakeyness with session tracking (Im using the old version) after the last patch. It would update movement of stuff, but when something was killed or removed from the zone (ie gate/death) it wouldnt update.

I could not get it to duplicate when I was only running one version of EQ though.

Ill keep testing it and see if I can come up with anything.

topgun
08-01-2004, 02:20 PM
In my case, everything works as usual. Except everything that "spawns" npc and players, after i have zoned ind, does not apear on SeQ.
Mobs and move around. And not 2 boxing.

Have had a month no-eq-break, and my SeQ was broken when i got back. So did a fresh cvs install, not just a cvs update (as descriped here on the boards). Been using SeQ for quite a few years too...

Cryonic
08-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Then it would help if you would give the version number that you are using of SEQ...

One2three7
08-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Have the same problem. did a fresh build, remove all the old file and get everything from CVS and compile. Version is 4.3.22.
On zone in, every pc or npc that already exist showup fine, but any new spawn after that, either pc or npc, do not register.

BigDaddy321
08-05-2004, 06:00 PM
I am running show eq on Redat 9
I am playing everquest on an Windows XP machine
I have the two machine on a hub.
Yes I can see myself move around the zone.
Yes I can see others move around the zone
When they mobs die or players leave the zone they disappear off the map
When they respawn or return to the zone, they do no reappear on the map
I just ran the latest updates and ran a fresh build, still have the same problems.

Thanks

Big

silicon_ogre
08-05-2004, 10:43 PM
I am also having the same problem.

I am running Redhat 8.0 though because I had it on disc already and was too lazy to download the newest :P

So anyway, I just loaded this 5 days ago so it's the latest build thats available.

When I first zone in, anything that is currently showing up will be there until it either zones or dies. Any respawns after that will not show up nor will anyone else who zones in. I see mobs path, I see myself move, and I see other PC's move. However nothing afterwards will pop up.

We tested this in Tipt. Cleared the mobs all the way to gate and I watched for 2 respawns and nothing ever appeared.

DISCLAIMER: I have never used the software before Sunday, and I have never used Linux before either. I followed the instructions for install to a 'T' and was able to get it to install and launch. I have both PC's off of a 10/100 hub, both 100mb connections light up and I have very very few collisions. My system is a WinXP system as well.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Cryonic
08-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Let's see... Last patch to the SEQ 4.x line was: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/seq/showeq/src/?sortby=date#dirlist

last patch to EQ was, how long ago...

Last post in the dev forum in regards to structure changes is: http://showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4909

So guess what...

ksmith
08-07-2004, 12:38 AM
What, you meant 4.x isn't supported anymore?! Say it isn't so. :p

Seriously folks, if you're not using 5.x, don't complain about things being broken. Granted, 5.x is officially the development release while Zaphod's dev system is down, but it's the only version that is getting updates currently.