PDA

View Full Version : Idea for seq

AlphaBeta
08-13-2004, 08:56 AM
Hey guys,

Not a programer so please don't flame me and tell me to do it myself. lol

I was looking at some of the other seq like programs and I noticed a really nice feature on one. You could right click on a mob name and it would open up allakhazams and bring up the mob info for you. Would there be a way to have seq do something like this?

Thanks,
AlphaBeta

Fatal
08-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Doesn;t sound too difficult. Instead of linking to the allah database though, I think it would be better off if you grabbed a copy of ksmith's item databse and pointed the links there.

What i'd like to do beyond that ii tie every item to a mob. Have the mob in the database and able to be displayed at its spawn point. If you mouse over the mob, a popup window will all of its drops would show up and you could click those links to get to the item database. Only thing I am missing for this at the moment is the spawn locations. (hint: so send me your spawnlogs! :P )

Cryonic
08-13-2004, 08:22 PM
interesting idea... would require user input and validation since Ksmith's item collector and itemdb site can't distinguish where you saw the item from (e.g. a link, merchant, bazaar, currently equipped or looted, etc...).

ksmith
08-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Here's an even better idea. Create a way for showeq to call an external program and feed it the mob name, zone name, etc...

Something like Custom Prog: "/usr/local/bin/netscape.sh http://some.website/search?zone=%z&mob=%m"

And then add an option to one of the spawnlists to call the custom prog and replace all the % codes.

Try and think about the most generic way to do it. I strongly feel that showeq should not be forcibly tied to any particular website.

Cryonic
08-14-2004, 11:10 PM
you mean like what it can basically do already with the "sounds output" for various alert types....

ksmith
08-15-2004, 01:03 AM
you mean like what it can basically do already with the "sounds output" for various alert types....

Probably, I haven't looked at that part of showeq.

AlphaBeta
08-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Drop info is nice but I was more intrested in Mob information like what attacks they use, what they hit for, any strats posted for killing them, as well as drop info/quest info. :cool:

ksmith
08-19-2004, 06:23 PM
Drop info is nice but I was more intrested in Mob information like what attacks they use, what they hit for, any strats posted for killing them, as well as drop info/quest info. :cool:

Well, start working on it!

uRit1u2CBBA=
08-19-2004, 07:12 PM

the beauty of open source.

AlphaBeta
08-20-2004, 01:23 PM

the beauty of open source.

See message at the top of this thread. :p

ksmith
08-20-2004, 01:42 PM
See message at the top of this thread. :p

I was refering to this part:

Drop info is nice but I was more intrested in Mob information like what attacks they use, what they hit for, any strats posted for killing them, as well as drop info/quest info.

As for integrating your magical database of all-things-everquest into showeq, that's a different story. Learning how to program never hurt anyone though!

Fatal
08-20-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm willing to add those types of fields to my database, but it would be 100% reliant on folks submitting the info..