PDA

View Full Version : Download

Devine
08-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Very basic question, but I can't seem to find the answer. Where do I download SEQ?

BlueAdept
08-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Please read the FAQ (http://www.showeq.net/forums/faq.php?) at the top of the page.

Here is a direct link to the question you asked:

http://www.showeq.net/forums/faq.php?faq=seqfaq_tech#faq_seqfaq_tech_downloadse q

If you dont want to follow the link, the answer is you have to download it from the cvs.

If your next question is how do I do that, please refer to the FAQ (http://www.showeq.net/forums/faq.php?)

ksmith
08-24-2004, 08:52 PM
FAQ still doesn't have the new cvs instructions though.

Ratt, if you could update that?

Ratt
08-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Not sure what you want updated?

http://showeq.net/forums/faq.php?faq=seqfaq_tech#faq_seqfaq_tech_downloadse q

Is that entry invalid?

purple
08-25-2004, 06:16 AM
Yes, Ratt, it is invalid. The cvs server is now cvs.sourceforge.net instead of cvs.seq.sourceforge.net.

BlueAdept
08-25-2004, 06:31 AM
He is right. I just tried it. The cvs.seq.sourceforge.net does not work anymore. cvs.sourceforge.net does.

Ratt
08-25-2004, 02:43 PM
Ok - can someone give me a complete FAQ entry to put in place of that one that's invalid?

purple
08-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Maybe something like this?

Where/How do I download ShowEQ?

There are currently two versions of showeq available, the stable 4.x version and the beta 5.x version. Usually the 5.x version is kept more up to date as it is the latest code and contains many changes not in the 4.x version. It is also easier to maintain after patches for various reasons. Both versions do usually maintain server compatibility with the latest EQ servers because people still use both versions, but developers normally fix the 5.x version first and someone will backport the fix to the 4.x version. Yes, this whole process can take days after a patch. Please be patient or dig in and help out.

ShowEQ is only made available as source code at this time. The ShowEQ source is available through anonymous CVS with sourceforge.net.

To retrieve version 4.x source from the anoncvs server (yes, the password is blank. Just hit enter):

# cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
Logging in to :pserver:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq
CVS password:
# cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq
This will download the source, configuration, and maps for ShowEQ 4.x into the directory "showeq" whereever you ran the command. You are NOT done. You still need to build the source as referenced in the next question.

To retrieve version 5.x source from the anoncvs server (again, password is blank. Just hit enter):

# cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
Logging in to :pserver:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq
CVS password:
# cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co -r pre_5_0_beta showeq
This will download the source, configuration, and maps for ShowEQ 5.x into the directory "showeq" whereever you ran the command. You are NOT done. You still need to build the source as referenced in the next question.

Note that these commands are for getting a clean showeq source tree where you do not have one before. If you already have a source tree, you should be using cvs -z3 update. The sourceforge anoncvs server is sometimes a pain in the ass, but keep with it. If you are seeing timeouts or long periods of inactivity after issueing a cvs command, it might be wise to try again later.

Onimaru
08-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Here it is edited with KSmith's info.

Make sure you are logged in as the user 'root'. From a terminal window type the following, pressing the return key when prompted for a password (it is blank):
# cd /root
# export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq
# cvs login
# cvs co -r pre_5_0_beta showeq

This will download the source and maps for ShowEQ into the directory "showeq" where ever you ran the command from (usually ~/).

Dedpoet
08-26-2004, 02:37 PM
I suck. I really do have an updated FAQ. Really. I promise. I have been so busy lately with traveling and workload that I haven't had a chance to get it taken care of. My plan was to get it over to BlueAdept and have him host it, or since we have our own domain now, host it here. The macsrule site is more or less defunct, in that no one has access to it anymore. I'll get this thing to someone who can do something with it.