PDA

View Full Version : Seg Fault during Make, please help

Drans
08-30-2004, 12:52 AM
Hi, Im having problems compiling a fresh install of SEQ. Ive searched the forums but cant seem to find anyone with the same problem. I have RH9 and followed the install guide on this forum. when i get to #make && make install, I get a Segmentation Fault. Please help if you can, below is the error (hand typed, sorry), let me know if you need more info. I reinstalled RH twice and tried both methods to no avail, all other steps went fine execpt for this step. Thanks for your time, A Newbie.

m.cpp' || echo './'`packetstream.cpp
In file include from /usr/include/math.h:362
.................. from /usr/include/c++/3.2.2/cmath:51
.................. **abit more from the c++ dir**
.................. from /usr/lib/qt-3.1/include/qvaluelist.h:48,
.................. **abit more from the qt-3.1 dir**
.................. from packetstream.h:14,
.................. from packetstream.cpp:13:
/usr/include/bits/mathinline.h:144: internal error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
make[3]: *** [packetstream.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq/src'
make[2]: ** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root@local showeq]#

purple
08-30-2004, 05:59 AM
Don't cut off the error so much. Be sure to cut back all the way to the command it is trying to run and paste it in here. Don't know if that will help people help you, but it might. Also, the output of gcc --version might be a red flag. I don't know anything about red hat though so I don't know what version of gcc they are on and such.

Cryonic
08-30-2004, 07:19 AM
the compiler SegFaulting is most likely a hardware issue. In the past others have found that it is due to bad RAM as the most likely part that is failing.

Walpurgiss
08-30-2004, 01:05 PM
I use redhat 9 -shrike and every package stock from the cd meets or exceeds the required versions for ShowEQ to compile.

Drans
08-31-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I guess it was something wrong with that comp, so I tried installing the whole thing on a different comp and everything went fine. Thanks again for your help, was pulling hairs from all the clean installs. haha.