PDA

View Full Version : My testimonial :-)

mooman_fl
09-11-2004, 04:46 AM
There is a lot to be said for finally buckling down and learning how to use Linux properly.

I first looked at SEQ 2 years ago and tried a compile on RH7... I failed miserably due to gross incompetence. Discouraged I put away any thought of using it and soon gave up on Linux altogether. Shortly afterwords I became burned out on EQ as well and quit the game.

Fast foward 2 years later... I got tired of Windows altogether and decided to finally make the jump back to Linux and use it exclusively. I buckled down and actually learned it this time. After several months of a string of successes I decide to try running EQ under Fedora Core 2... yet another success due to WineX (now Cedega) so I restarted my account again. I found myself however getting bored with it again and wished there was something the juice up the playing a bit.

Then I remembered a program I had run across once before... excited I did a little searching and ran across the SEQ site once again. Reading through the information I realized that this time I actually understood what was being said... I quickly fired up CVS and installed it perfectly.

I now have SEQ running on the same Linux box as EQ using a dual monitor setup. No hassels with hubs, switches, routers, etc. Yes I know that there is a possibility of getting banned if they decide to scan for it. Oh well... since this is the only thing keeping me playing right now I really don't care. Although I really think it isn't likely due to a variety of reasons.

Keep up the good work guys... there is finally another true believer added to the fold. And a little wiser for the journey. :cool: