PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalled SEQ, map+direction but no npcs or players

steve4king
09-14-2004, 08:08 PM
just reinstalled since OOW went live, i see map properly now and my player direction but no players or NPCs anyone else have this problem? or have a solution?

cvs co -r pre_5_0_beta showeq - - thats the best way to get newest version right?

yes it was working before OOW

Thx

elf
09-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Working before OoW, which would suggest that Sony changed something in that patch. Yes, CVS will get you the latest version that was put in CVS. Problem, updates to keep up with a new patch aren't usually put in CVS until all the kinks are ironed out.

Now, after a big expansion patch like OoW, or any patch that changes the data stream, the best way to keep your skittles updated is to apply patches from the development forum. This poses a great oportunity to learn more about the EQ data stream, Linux file management, and how your skittles work, but it also takes alot of work.

~teh elf
*who finally remembers the option order for the 'patch' command*

tarball4me
09-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Try cvs co -r v5_0_beta13 showeq, it still needs the patches but got it going this way maps and all.

fryfrog
09-21-2004, 09:05 AM
once you have showeq, you can simply go into the showeq dir and type "cvs -z3 update" or use some options with it like "cvs -z3 update -PdCR -r showeq_5_0_beta"