PDA

View Full Version : Weird Map Problem

Aurelius
02-12-2002, 05:07 PM
All my maps (using the newest CVS files) no longer show the zone boundry lines. So finding adjacent zone entry points is sometimes difficult. Any idea or suggestions as to how to fix this or is this the new Map look?
:confused:

Cryonic
02-12-2002, 07:12 PM
You sure you don't have SEQ filtering based on height?

fryfrog
02-12-2002, 09:13 PM
i read this once already, but i couldn't figure out what in gods name you were talking about. perhaps you just have some old or bad maps? or like mentioned above you have depth filtering on?

Aurelius
02-13-2002, 05:08 AM
that the zone that I am in has just dots and npcs, some buildings but no boundries at all. If this is a result of height filtering, I can understand. I think I set it to show all the same level, but I thought that was just for dungeons, not outside. I will go back and relook the settings again. Thanx as I wouldn't have thought that was my problem. Let you guys know after the servers come back up. ))

Mr Guy
02-13-2002, 09:15 AM
Check also that you didn't accidentally turn off the right click option for "Show Map Lines" or something similar.

Cryonic
02-13-2002, 12:38 PM
Does any of the map show up? Is the map even loading? Might want to add those to the list of checks.

Aurelius
02-15-2002, 05:39 PM
What I did was do another complete install, rechecked my config file and changed it to default on the 'show all same level' entry. Now the zone boundry lines are showing. I had a secondary problem in that only one of three computers was actually decoding properly. The first one that started was the one that stayed decoding. With the reinstall all three machines are now decoding again. Thanx for all the help you guys (gals if appropriate).
Thanx again
:D