PDA

View Full Version : Right click context menu for spawns?

KaL
09-23-2004, 10:53 AM
I've got a suggestion -- how about a right-click menu for each mob, both in the map view and the spawn list view?

Options would be;
- show pathing
- show spawn/death records
- popup info window
- Follow on map
- Highlight like-named mobs
- Highlight all mobs of same level
- Add/remove permanent marker: I'd like to be able to "tag" mobs, sort of like when we select them, but with a permanent ring around it, like with the Hunting or Locate filters, but without using the filter files. It would just be a "live" option. Most of the time I don't want to make these types of changes permanent and have to restart SEQ to activate them.

I've tried to get into the source code and make some of these changes, but I get very confused. I don't have much experience programming C++, and less under Linux, other than compiling packages from source.

If anyone sees these as good ideas, please implement them. I've got some Gmail invites I can give out as incentives..

Cryonic
09-23-2004, 11:25 AM
You don't need to restart SEQ when you make changes to the filter files... Just use the menu to reload the filters (either global or zone specific)...

Also, you can use the text bar at the top of the map window to type in temporary filters

e.g.

Name:*gnoll|Level:[1-3][0-9]

Would highlight any mob that has gnoll in its name or be between level 10 and 39....