PDA

View Full Version : Crashes with 5.0.0.15

datadog
09-26-2004, 06:23 PM
I apologize for not having specific details about this problem, but I havnt had time to thoroughly analyze it. Just wanted to touch base here and see if anyone else was having the same issue.

5.0.0.15 compiled beautifully, and starts fine, but for some reason, when I zone into some zones, it crashes out altogether. For example, PoK and Nexus both crash me every time, but Bazaar, OT, and a few others dont.

I went back and did a make install from my 5.0.0.14 folder and I dont have this problem. So I did a clean install of 5.0.0.15, including downloading a fresh tarball this afternoon, and its stilll doing this.

I talked to a few folks who have upgraded to 5.0.0.15, and the lack of posts regarding this here tell me this is probably localized to my install.

Unfortunately I dont have a lot of time right now to troubleshoot, but I'll try to do some network analysis later this evening.

tanner
09-27-2004, 01:23 AM
What distro?

What version of gcc? qt?

Build it from tarball or cvs?

datadog
09-27-2004, 02:49 AM
Sorry,

Was in a hurry when I posted.

Distro is Fedora Core 2 Full Install.

I used the tarball from Zaphods site.

I havnt had any playtime tonight so I dont have any more detail. I did test it and its still crashing in PoK with 5.0.0.15, but not with 5.0.0.14.

gcc is 3.2.2
qt is 3.1 ( i think.. pulling this from memory.. could be wrong)

Again, I apologize for lack of details. I'll most more as soon as I get a chance.