PDA

View Full Version : Lost!!!

Reyn
09-27-2004, 02:07 AM
I am getting very very fustrated at this point. I was wanting to play EQ free shard, but have no idea how to log into a free shard, if I need to download anything or what. Can ANYONE please please please help me?

elf
09-27-2004, 02:39 AM
If by free shard you mean on a home run server instead of a Sony or Ubisoft world server, then you are looking at the wrong project. You would probably be better searching for the EQ emulator, which is mentioned here now and again but isn't supported or developed here.

ShowEQ is like radar for Everquest, not related to the free worlds. It also doesn't usually run on the free worlds (someone correct me if I'm wrong here). This is because, up until recently, the free servers didn't use the same encryption that the real servers do and thus weren't decrypted properly by ShowEQ. This may change in the future, as either the free servers develop emulated encryption, or as ShowEQ moves it's packet capture and decryption system outside the main display allowing for, possibly, different world encryption schemes.

~elf
All views expressed here are my own, and probably wrong.