PDA

View Full Version : Moved: ShowEQ 5.0.0.15 released: fryfrog

fryfrog
09-24-2004, 09:11 PM
How exactly are the ebuilds supposed to be setup? I've put them in /usr/local/portage/showeq/ (the showeq ebuild) and it seems like the only choice for the showeq-maps ebuild is in /usr/local/portage/showeq-maps/

ebuild <package> digest runs fine on both, downloads and fetches them. Doing an "emerge -pv showeq" doesn't want to merge showeq-maps as a dependency.

fryfrog
09-24-2004, 09:14 PM
I edited the showeq ebuild and altered a line to "RDEPEND="${RDEPEND} games-util/showeq-maps"" and it gets it as a dependancy just fine.

Where do you plan for showeq-maps to reside in portage?

Zaphod
09-24-2004, 09:25 PM
A) Ratt, give me the ability to MOVE posts.
B) Please, discussion about future changes and/or bugs in a release should be done in either the ShowEQ Development or ShowEQ Help Desk Forums in their own threads.
C) I will not answer these or other similar inquiries in this thread.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

fryfrog
09-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Then maybe don't allow users to post in the news section? That would probably fix it.

Cryonic
09-24-2004, 11:58 PM
or realize the News section is for NEWS

Zaphod
09-25-2004, 12:12 AM
Then maybe don't allow users to post in the news section? That would probably fix it.

Except that some users had legitimate posts announcing the availability of packages for different distributions that I asked them to create.

It gets harder for people to find useful data in these announcement threads when they get cluttered with discussions that deserve their own threads elsewhere.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

fryfrog
09-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Personally it strikes me as fitting to ask about the ebuilds (or packages) where they are announced, but I don't mind opening a new thread either. Does this discussion warrent being in this thread? :)