PDA

View Full Version : SEQ seems to lockup EQ

gruntsters
10-03-2004, 11:33 AM
did a search under crash and freeze, didn't see anything about EQ locking up.

I am running RH 9, and SEQ 5.0.0.15, and WinXP Pro, have both machines linux and XP running thru a hub, hub into a switch for the rest of the network, switch into my cable modem.

Everything runs fine and great for a while (say half hour or so) and then either my EQ will lock up with a frozen screen, keyboard, and mouse. Or the Screen blanks out. In each case, SEQ is still getting data, and I have to hard boot my machine to get to run.

It looks like SEQ is kidnapping the data stream, any way I can tweak or tune SEQ ?

Zaphod
10-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Actually, what you describe sounds more akin to your Windows box locking up due to video driver, overheating, or other machine stability issues. There is nothing ShowEQ does that could lock up your Windows box, nor is it possible for ShowEQ to hijack the network session since it is just a passive packet sniffer. The everquest servers will continue to send data to your EQ machine for a while after it locks up until the connection times out. That's just a feature of EQ's network protocol.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

gruntsters
10-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Ok, I'll look to troubleshoot in that area. I have had the video card do that in the past, but its been a while. It was just weird that it only happened while I was running SEQ. I'll go w/o SEQ for a few days to see if I can duplicate this problem.

Thanks for the reply

Other than that, SEQ is running great. My first Linux install attempt btw. Added a hard drive to an existing W2K Pro box and am dual booting.

petermonoscan
10-04-2004, 05:05 AM
I would put money on it not being SEQ :-)

I have similar issues when my anti-virus package kicks in about 8am to check for updates. I can guarantee EQ has either been minimised or died most mornings. No biggie for me as i've just left it running a trader at the time.

Other stuff checks for updates at strange times too: real player and acrobat are two I can think of.

-Pete

PS Nice work on the repackaging ! Much easier to use now we don't need to use cvs.

Freakyuno
10-11-2004, 01:49 PM
SEQ once caused my toaster to hump my microwave...asside from that, no lock-up problems.