PDA

View Full Version : Putting #ShowEQ logs online and google indexed?

tanner
10-17-2004, 03:35 PM
I see LogServ running on #ShowEQ, is this putting the channel conversations/logs someplace web accessible?

Lots of really good info is discussed on the irc channel and it's shame it all goes into the bit-bucket.

Would it be possible to log the channel and put it up on the web? Eventually google will snarf it and we have an index of the conversation on the irc channel.

I know there might be people with privacy concerns, etc, but I thought I'd post here anyways.

Freakyuno
10-18-2004, 08:57 AM
I suppose someone could write a small irc log file parser, that took the usernames out of the conversations, and would allow for an enclosure using symbols of some sort if you specifically wanted to keep something you type out of a log file.

Would be very easy to generate a page from that.

Cryonic
10-19-2004, 12:09 AM
logs are used to create the channel stats. As for if they are kept any longer than that, don't know, but you can create your own logs of the channel when you are in there....

tanner
01-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Going to revise this dead thread.

With the 01/26 patch of dead, lots of discussion is taking place on irc regarding new networking stuff.

Then lots of re-discussion happens when someone "new" joins the channel. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Then there is the confusion between eq1 and eq2 datastreams, throw in the mix, multiple people working on multiple sniffers for -both- streams, a sprinkling of eqemu and confusion reigns.

I will again, ask for permission to post the irc logs to a public(?) accessible web area.

Maybe semi-public? Some shared password? Strip out the nicks?

Comments?