PDA

View Full Version : Connection to cvs Server timed out?

sequser01
10-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Hi there,

perhaps it's too early in the morning but I have no fucking clue what I'm doing wrong. Different password than blank? Firewall problem? I can reach the server via ping with no problems, well otherwise I wouldn't get the login anyway. No idea what's wrong atm.
Please gimme a clue. :confused:

Here is what I am getting:

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
Logging in to :pserver:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq
CVS password:

After a while:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.seq.sourceforge.net(66.35.250.209):2401 failed: Connection timed out

Thanx in advance :-)

sequser01
10-19-2004, 01:22 AM
nm, it works now with same procedure. /shrug

Cryonic
10-19-2004, 01:43 AM
probably timing out because cvs.seq.sourceforge.net doesn't point to the correct server... which is cvs.sourceforge.net

CeleSEQ
10-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Ideally you should grab the tarball anyway... go to the showeq.net main page, find Zaphods release post for 5.0.0.15 and click "Read more". Download the files, unpack, read the INSTALL files and away you go.

Cryonic
10-19-2004, 08:27 AM
.15 is broken, what is in CVS is broken. Grab either and apply fixes to get it working...

sequser01
10-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Ok, thanks for the answers so far.
After I've realized that I only get a version 4.x.x.x from CVS for some strange reason I've searched further and found the tarball version finally while you guys have posted this info already here, oh my. :-)

Well, I've used the tarball now, applied the fixes to the Everquest.h which are posted here on these boards, compiled it and now I get this here (Using Suse Linux 9.1 pro):

ShowEQ 5.0.0.15, released under the GPL.
SINS 0.5, released under the GPL.
All ShowEQ source code is Copyright (C) 2000-2004 by the respective ShowEQ Devel
opers
ShowEQ comes with NO WARRANTY.

You may redistribute copies of ShowEQ under the terms of
The GNU General Public License.
See: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for more details...

For updates and information, please visit http://seq.sourceforge.net/
ShowEQ 5.0.0.15, Built from 'main.cpp' on Oct 19 2004 at 17:50:47
CVS: @(#) $Id: main.cpp,v 1.33.6.5 2004/09/24 04:25:53 dohpaz Exp $ $Nam
e: pre_5_0_beta $
Using GCC version: 3.3.3
Using glibc version: 2.3
Using Qt version: 3.3.3
Using headers from linux version: 2.6.4
Using EQItemDB: @(#) $Id: itemdb.cpp,v 1.10.6.3 2004/09/24 04:25
:53 dohpaz Exp $ $Name: pre_5_0_beta $
Using GDBM: GDBM version 1.8.3. 10/15/2002 (built Apr 5 2004 23:22:11)
Running on Linux release 2.6.5-7.108-default for processor i686

Using config file '/root/.showeq/showeq.xml'
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Loaded preferences file: /root/.showeq/showeq.xml!
Warning: Warning: Unknown payload typename 'utf8' for opcode '01e7
Info: Listening for client: 192.168.0.1
Info: Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Info: Filtering packets on device eth0, IP host 192.168.0.1
Info: Loaded 6290 spells from '/usr/local/share/showeq/spells_us.txt' maxSpell=0 x195f
Warning: GuildMgr: Could not load guildsfile, /root/.showeq/tmp/guilds2.dat
Debug: ItemDB: Disabled
Info: Loading Filters from '/root'
Info: Loading Zone Filter File: /root
Info: Loading Zone Filter File: /root
Info: Categories Reloaded
Info: No Map found for zone 'unknown'!
Info: Checked for all variants of 'unknown.map', 'unknown.txt', and 'unknown _1.txt'
Info: in directories '/root/.showeq/maps' and '/usr/local/share/showeq/maps' !
Info: Loaded 11521 message strings from '/usr/local/share/showeq/eqstr_us.txt' m axFormat=46494

------------------

The Warning message in red above does make me some headache. What does that actually mean? That some file is saved in UTF-8 and shouldn't? Well, in fact SEQ is not working as u can see below because the zone isn't recognized. I am using a real hub, pretty sure because this damn thing is so old and it also says it's a hub. Just for the record. hehe

Thx for any ideas about that opcode warning or other solutions.

Cryonic
10-19-2004, 12:01 PM
UTF-8: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html#utf-8
Do you play on a Localized Server (e.g. French, German, etc...)

As for the rest, that is standard startup for SEQ... Until you zone in EQ after starting SEQ it won't be able figure out the zone at all...

sequser01
10-19-2004, 12:39 PM
Nope, no localized server here.
And the problem is EQ was started and was still not seeing any zone or even my char. Just that standard lvl 1 Human warrior. :-(

Well, I am clueless atm.

uRit1u2CBBA=
10-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Start SEQ first, then EQ. When SEQ first starts, it doesn't know anything about you yet. You have to zone, or load while SEQ is running for it to see what's going on.

Freakyuno
10-19-2004, 04:09 PM
in directories '/root/.showeq/maps' and '/usr/local/share/showeq/maps' !

Do you actually run your box in root all the time?

uRit1u2CBBA=
10-19-2004, 04:14 PM
I run SEQ as root, otherwise the sniffer won't work (not all of us use our linux boxes as routers).

sequser01
10-20-2004, 01:35 AM
Well omg, *cough*, since my brain obviously long has stopped working after hours of bug fixing, looking for missing packages in Suse like qt-devel and many more, reading boards and whatnot until EQ was compiled in the right release with applied recent changes to everquest.h and running finally the reason for the fact that SEQ does not see any traffic here came to my mind right after I waked up today like a hammer, and shame on me, it's pretty obvious.../bonk myself. Well, we all know that, after hours of figuring things out it's often better to take a short break than to force it...hehe.

SEQ works, with all other machines in my net at home except the main machine which is at the same time the gateway via a network card which connects directly to the ADSL modem. The reason is of course very clear because this machine sends no EQ packets through the LAN/HuB when EQ is running on it. Oh well, I can't believe I didn't realize this yesterday.
Is there any other solution for it other than making one of the "lesser" machines the gateway or changing the whole setup to internet->gateway->hub->other machines (EQ/SEQ,etc.)? I guess not but would be looking for suggestions.

Thx a lot so far guys, and sorry for this dumb mistake :o