PDA

View Full Version : Radar, I don't see it.

Armaand
10-20-2004, 01:54 PM
I dl'd the latest version, but still don't see what radar is, or what it does. I do remember radar from seq though. from your post I gather you can have it always on top...that would be pretty cool. Maybe a "help" file somewhere to splain it all?
I alt-tab to get to myseq and alt-tab back to myseq, so those new options are pretty cool also. Keep up the awesome work.

oh, one more thing. For some reason Myseq sees the correct zone, but when the map goes to load, it says map not found and then the renamed zone appears in the title. ([i have show zone name in window title] Upon zoneing, it shows the correct zonename, then when it draws the map it shows the renamed zone name.) it's a minor bug. I've been renameing the .map files anyhow.

slartibartfast
10-20-2004, 03:13 PM
The map naming thing is a "feature"

When first zoning EQ displays the internal zonename, however it then gets sent the localised version, which is renamed in winterstorm.

There is an offset that stores the map name rather than the zone name which you could use if you can find it in your version of the exe.

if the radar does not show, try deleting the positions.xml file and rerunning myseq

Armaand
10-20-2004, 10:18 PM
That worked. Is there a way to make it "undock" from the client and maybe stay on top, maybe see-through? That would be cool. A little 1-2" square box for radar that we could put in a obscure corner.

slartibartfast
10-21-2004, 03:49 AM
You can undock it - just drag the title bar portion of the frame.

There is no stay on top functionality at the moment, but if you run your desktop at a higher resolution than eq you can move it so that it is visible when you play eq.

Armaand
10-21-2004, 01:41 PM
sweet

42!
10-24-2004, 08:57 AM
I use 1280x1024 on the desktop and 1152x864 on EQ - the radar is put in one of the corners, fitting there nicely. Stay-on-top-mode (and making it not "modal" to the main window are on the todo list).