PDA

View Full Version : Help

daishi2
02-13-2002, 11:43 PM
I am trying to install showeq4.0 I have succesfully installed QT I get to the line

make -f Makefile.dist

I get in return:

Makefile.dist:1: *** missing separator. Stop.

I can't figure it out I have reinstalled and made sure I have everything....any help would be appreciated.

Madd
02-14-2002, 12:42 PM
be sure your in the seq/showeq folder

daishi2
02-14-2002, 12:53 PM
I am, I can do a dir of the directory and can see all the files I need for compiling

fryfrog
02-14-2002, 07:15 PM
make sure you have all the "automake" and "autoconf" type packages... other than that, i can't think of what could be wrong.

daishi2
02-15-2002, 01:29 AM
I know absolutely nothing about linux this is my first try at it. How do I make sure those are registered? If they're not how do I get them into my system?

S_B_R
02-15-2002, 02:56 PM
Well, with out knowing anything about your system, like what Linux Distribution you are using and etc... ...

If it's RedHat you can check if those packages are installed with the rpm command.

rpm -qa | grep Name_Of_Package

then if they are not installed you should be able to find the correct packages on your RedHat cd's or from RPMFind (http://www.rpmfind.net)...

daishi2
02-15-2002, 03:08 PM
using that I found I have:

automake-1.4-8

autoconf-2.13-10

??

Ataal
02-18-2002, 05:26 PM
I did a few searches on some of the other forums for that error...this is the closest thing to a fix to your problem:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm... a few people are asking about the "Missing Separator" error
>from Make.

I had this "Missing Separator" problem three times. And all three
times the trouble is "expanded" TAB characters. Make would flag
"Makefile: line 29, Missing Sepatator", and the line would look like:

junk: junk.o
ld junk.o <-- line 29.

It turns out that the white spaces in front of the "ld junk.o" is not
a TAB character but four space characters. Changing the space
characters back to TAB fixed the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this helps you at all, but it does sound like a syntax problem and not a package that you're missing.

daishi2
02-18-2002, 07:10 PM
Ataal that was very helpful went into gedit to see if that was my problem and my Makefile.dist was all jacked up. Now onto my new problem :confused:

Using some of the help forums here on the install i use the following lines of text

export QTDIR=/opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export CXX=g++3
export CC=gcc3
make -f Makefile.dist

after I get to the "make -f Makefile.dist" portion it goes fine until I get to

"generating Makefile.in from Makefile.am............................make[1]: *** [no-backup] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2"

Any ideas what the that all means?

Thanks in advance for any help

S_B_R
02-18-2002, 10:54 PM
I think you might have gotten a corrupted download when you got your copy of the CVS. try rm'ing all the ShowEQ source and re-checking out... I find it strange that your white space was any different than the rest of ours since we are pulling from the same tree... just something I would try...