PDA

View Full Version : Filtering

HelpME
01-12-2005, 06:52 AM
Ok. I have searched the forums and nothing real informative on this topic so here goes!

1. How can one make so SHOWEQ shows you all new spawns in the zone in the spawn box. I go through SK and kill what I think are the place holders for Quill and I get no repawn information in the spawn box.

2. Once that is corrected, how can I just filter spawns for a particular mob? Say.... "a lion". etc.

3. Finally, can I create a seperate box and just filter for Quill's name so when he does pop he comes up in that box right away?

Thanks!

uRit1u2CBBA=
01-12-2005, 09:33 AM
I've never played with filters, but I do use the spawn list often.

It takes 3 spawns at the same point before it can be used to determine spawn times:

First spawn tells seq that it may be a possible spawn point (doesn't show in the box yet)
Second spawn tells seq that it is a spawn point (shows in box as a spawn point, but without timer)
Third spawn tells seq the timing between when you last killed the spawn and when it respawned, so then when you kill it again, it shows the spawn time before the fourth one spawns.

This sort of answers your #2 and #3 together, again, not using filters, but there is a search box at the top next to Zoom, You x/y/z, and cursor x/y. Typing in "a lion" in that box will cause every spawn on the map that matches to have a blinking circle around it.

So if you put Quill in the box, if he spawns, you'll see it by a blinking circle.

Harder to know you've killed the same spawn over and over again in a zone like that where everything paths, but not impossible.

BlueAdept
01-12-2005, 09:46 AM
1. How can one make so SHOWEQ shows you all new spawns in the zone in the spawn box. I go through SK and kill what I think are the place holders for Quill and I get no repawn information in the spawn box.

Well new spawns should show up. If they are not, then it might have missed a packet and stopped decoding. Zoning or camping and coming back should fix it.

2. Once that is corrected, how can I just filter spawns for a particular mob? Say.... "a lion". etc.

From my website www.blueadept.net are filter files. Depending on what version of SEQ you are using, you will either need the xml version or the txt version.

This is an excerpt from the SK filter file.

# [Hunt] is the section for spawns you are hunting.
# Spawns appear with a large, dim circle.
# See the examples section below for details.

[Hunt]
#Name:[^:]giant[^:]:;26-28
#Name:burynai;26-29
#Race:[^:]*Guard[^:]*:
#Name:[^:]*will[^:]*:.*:Light:GLS:.*
#
Name:escaped Splitpaw gnoll
Name:undead cyclops
Name:bull elephant

# [Caution] is the section for things you want to avoid.
# Spawns appear with a flashing yellow circle on the map and will be
# underlined in the spawn list.
# If the spawn gets with 500 ticks, a yellow line will point to it.

[Caution]

# [Danger] is the section for spawns that you really want to be nowhere near.
# Spawns appear with a flashing red circle on the map and will be
# underlined in the spawn list.
# If the spawn gets with 1000 ticks, a yellow line will point to it.
# If the spawn gets with 500 ticks, a flashing red line will point to it.

[Danger]

# [Locate] is the section for rares you are searching for.
# Spawns appear with a flashing white circle on the map and are italicized
# in the spawn list.
# A solid white line points to it constantly.

[Locate]
Name:Quillmane
Name:Grizzleknot
Name:an escaped Splitpaw gnoll
Name:an undead cyclops

#[Alert] is the section for spawns you wish whose presense you wish to be
# alerted to. Alerted spawns will appear in bold in the spawn list.
# Information will be displayed to the console window if Filters_AlertInfo is 1
# A system beep will be dispatched if Filters_SpawnFilterAudio is set to 1
# And the command specified by Filters_SpawnAudioCommand,
# Filters_DeathAudioCommand, and Filters_DeSpawnAudioCommand will be executed
# upon spawn appearance, death, and despawning respectively.

[Alert]
Name:#Brother Qwinn
Name:#High Shaman Grisok
Name:#Sentry Alechin
Name:#Shaman Lenrel
Name:#Shaman Ren`Rex
Name:Cracktusk
Name:Ghanex Drah
Name:Gnashmaw
Name:Gnawfang
Name:Grgaraxx
Name:Grimrot
Name:Grizzleknot
Name:Mroon
Name:Quillmane
Name:Shaman Lenrel
Name:escaped Splitpaw gnoll
Name:undead cyclops

3. Finally, can I create a seperate box and just filter for Quill's name so when he does pop he comes up in that box right away?

Thanks!

As you can see above, there are many different ways of filtering for spawns and different ways for it to alert you.

BTW the Quillmane theories are just that. I had one guy in my guild who had a couple of friends help him keep almost EVERYTHING dead in SK for 5 days 24 hours a day before Quillmane spawned. Quillmane is just a random spawn on a 1 week timer. It is like the AC in SRo. Yea, kill the zombie at exactly 7pm and then wait exactly 15 minutes walk 4 paces to the east kill the first sand giant wait 1 minute kill the first skeleton after that and then the AC will definately spawn. If it doesnt, you did something wrong. I have killed him with this method 492 times.

quackrabbit
01-12-2005, 11:57 AM
BTW the Quillmane theories are just that. I had one guy in my guild who had a couple of friends help him keep almost EVERYTHING dead in SK for 5 days 24 hours a day before Quillmane spawned. Quillmane is just a random spawn on a 1 week timer.
Yep! Once I got him with a cloak twice in thirty minutes, and I've seen people spend days in SK and never even see him spawn. (This was a couple of expansions ago). It's totally luck!

Cryonic
01-12-2005, 12:07 PM
I've gotten him up at least 5 times in a single day, so I doubt that he is on a 1 week random timer since I came back the next day and just repeated what I was doing (which wasn't killing off the entire zone) and got him again several more times (at least 3).

uRit1u2CBBA=
01-12-2005, 12:39 PM
The day that SK pathing mobs all joined together at the pool and got stuck, we AEed that area for hours and had Quill spawn about once per hour. So he's on a normal spawn table as something/anything in that zone. Just very rare.

Not often that that many mobs are killed in such a short time in that zone.