PDA

View Full Version : EQEmulator could use some help

FatherNitwit
01-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Hello guys,

I am a developer on the eqemulator project, and we are coming to a somewhat interesting place. With new netcode like eq2's on test right now, we expect them to switch over to it, and slap on eq2's encryption while they are at it. Which will make packet collecting a lot more difficult.

What we need is people to just run our packet collector while they zone into zones, and submit the logs to us so we can populate our zones. We need to get as much collecting done before this new netcode hits. The zones we need collected are basically anything luclin or newer (we have most of luclin, but more data never hurt). We have privacy mode on our collector to erase your and your guild's identity from the logs if that is a concern.

Anyways, if you would like to help, please visit this thread
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17674
or drop by #npcmovdb on irc.eqemulator.net and talk to me.

Thanks,
Father Nitwit

BlueAdept
01-19-2005, 08:22 PM
UG...that isnt good news. Not having SEQ running might be Sony's last nail in the coffin for me. Ive been burning out for the last couple months.

Spaz
01-21-2005, 11:59 AM
I still tribox and raid but if SEQ is gone that'll probably be it for me. It's too bad. I lead a guild which will no longer raid. Most of the members have said that raiding is all that is keeping them around. No one else shows interest in leading them.

It is funny. I only really care about the compass functionality and seeing where people are. If I had no skittles I wouldn't care nearly as much as if I had no map.