PDA

View Full Version : Spawn times not recording

newport
01-20-2005, 02:37 AM
Something I noted the other night.

I was camping a certain area with friends, and noticed that only one of the spawn points was showing a re-spawn time, the others would always show a ?, even after a few hours and many re-spawns.

Is there an option I haven't activated ?

Any help appreciated.

uRit1u2CBBA=
01-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Did you die or zone out alot?

You pretty much have to be in the zone for 3 straight spawn cycles.

The spawn won't show up in the window until the 2nd spawn, then will calcaulate spawn times on the 3rd.

If you zone out and in again, then the next spawn will behave like the 2nd spawn again and needs to wait for the next cycle again.

BlueAdept
01-20-2005, 01:30 PM
I also found that if different mobs spawn there, that it usually wont give a a time remaining (this is on the old SEQ not the v5 one).

Like PH for AC in OOT. It can be several different ones and it seems to choke on the time remaining because of that.

Cryonic
01-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Shouldn't choke on the time remaining if they are different mobs, but if there is variance in the spawn times from time of death to time of spawn. Also, it doesn't use the mobs present at zone in for the timing, so to get the spawn point to show up (which there is a list window, Newport) you have to kill the mob, wait for the new spawn (which is 1st spawn to SEQ), kill it, wait for respawn (spawn 2), kill it, wait for spawn (spawn 3 which gives timing). Also, by default, I don't think the code SEQ uses for spawn times will handle spawns longer than about 10 or so minutes, but not sure of recent stuff...

newport
01-21-2005, 03:25 AM
ok to clarify;

I didn't die the whole time I was there, about 3 hours roughly.

The spawn points that weren't timing were static mobs and the one that was timing was the placeholder for the named mob.

Zone was Muramite Proving Grounds and the area was, what is called on my server, the Sentinel camp.

After saying that, i wonder if what was screwing up the timing was a variance on the mob name ( as BlueAdept suggests )ie. a lightning warrior staticfist spawning in the same spot after a lightining warrior diolite.

I know that the place holder is the same name every time so that may fit the pattern.

And Cryonic, SEQ seems to handle a 15 minute respawn time just fine.

PS i am using SEQ 5.