PDA

View Full Version : Connecton Actively refused by host

knatas
01-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi there, Im trying to connect to the MySEQ server via a client and it returns this error message to me.

Connection Actively refused by host.

I can telnet in, but when i hit enter to see the flowing data, it returns me nothing and kicks me out of telnet. Ive tried this with various combinations of OS/server and client machines but here are the basics...

Windows 2k server running eq and SEQ 1.17 server

Windows 2k server running SEQ1.17 client
Windows xp running SEQ 1.17 client

All boxes are running dot net 1.1

the server dialog shows that the client connected... but then throws it out. Any Ideas?

Armaand
01-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Are you running both Server and client on same machine?
The server must be runing on the machine eq is played on. client run on the puter you want myseq to show up on. In case of one machine, you must have both running.
Don't forget to hit go.
oh, make sure port is 5555 in options. (F1)on client.
Hope this helps. if not, I'll check back. seems support is gone from here due to them playing either eq2 or leaving all together.

42!
01-28-2005, 08:01 AM
Just a quick note - I used Win2k myself, EQ1+client+server on one machine, and I never saw that message.

Do you have a tool like Personal Fire Wall on your machine? Did you try running the client on the server+EQ1 machine?

knatas
01-28-2005, 03:23 PM
I tried various combinations of client and server.

Ex1:
Machine 1: Win2k running EQ, Server, and client
Ex2:
Machine 1: Win2k running EQ, Server
Machine 2: Win2k running client
Ex3:
Machine 1: Win2k running EQ, Server
machine 2: WinXP running client

Any ideas?

Dedpoet
01-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Can you ping one box from the other? Do you have a firewall running on either box that might be blocking the default port (6969)? You could also try asking on the forums for the program you are using. You may get more support than here.

Dark
02-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Try re typing in the port number. I have to do that when i do a fresh install. Dont know why but that fixes it for me.