PDA

View Full Version : New Netcode, revision 2

purple
02-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Ok, here's a new patch with my work from the past day. Thanks to ieatacid and codepig666 who have been on IRC helping with opcodes and to Doodman who puts up with my questions about app combined packets like he enjoys it!

This patch is again AGAINST LATEST CVS. So you need to checkout a clean version of the beta branch and apply this same as last time.

Fixed over the course of yesterday are two major problems dealing with app combined packets and a lot of new opcodes filled in. I've also cleaned up everquest.h a bit, making sure the comments lined up for structs so I could easily grep that file to help identify opcodes.

This should work a lot better than yesterdays, so if I scared you off yesterday, be less scared today. That said, there are still a lot of missing opcodes! This is not finished, but it's closer.

Please post any errors you see on the console and any crashes you find. Backtraces are appreciated if you core. Also, please post any new opcodes you track down so I can include them. I'm being a bit hasty going through opcodes, so if you find one you think is wrong, it probably is!

Attached: 02062005.patch.gz.txt (gziped patch, remove .txt)

PATCH IS SUPERCEDED. See here (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?p=38075#post38075)

quackrabbit
02-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Purple, thank you for all of the hard work!

monster69
02-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Yes Purple, thank you so much.

Ieatacid, Codepig, Doodman thank you so much.

I have used MySEQ a little in the interim and have been very disappointed. I almost prefer the in-game maps to MySEQ.

Your generous donation of time and expertise is, well, amazing. I have spent spare time learning the programming side (I am a network guy) but still am amazed by the work you all do.

Monster

I<3EQ
02-06-2005, 02:56 PM
purple,

Thank you so much! I know this isn't easy work and I owe you a ton of gratitude.

A small note for compiling cvs; if you're using Mandrake 10, the default automake will not work. You'll get an error like this:

Generating Makefile.in from Makefile.am.....................make: *** [install-sh] Error 1

and you'll see a bunch of garbage in your Makefile.dist.dbg about stuff not appearing in AM_conditional.

Removing your current automake with and installing the automake1.7 package (available from http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/official/10.0/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/automake1.7-1.7.9-1mdk.noarch.rpm will resolve this problem.

People using other, slightly older distros might want to keep this in mind if they're seeing similar errors.

Could_Be_Anyone
02-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Generating Makefile.in from Makefile.am.....................make: *** [install-sh] Error 1

You get the above error on Gentoo 2004.3, too.

Installed automake is:

* sys-devel/automake
Latest version available: 1.8.5-r1
Latest version installed: 1.8.5-r1
Size of downloaded files: 2,557 kB
Homepage: http://sources.redhat.com/automake/
Description: Used to generate Makefile.in from Makefile.am
License: GPL-2

Since I don't want to start plugging older versions of system software & risk breaking things, I guess I'll wait for the tarball. =)

quackrabbit
02-06-2005, 08:58 PM
You get the above error on Gentoo 2004.3, too.

Installed automake is:

* sys-devel/automake
Latest version available: 1.8.5-r1
Latest version installed: 1.8.5-r1
Size of downloaded files: 2,557 kB
Homepage: http://sources.redhat.com/automake/
Description: Used to generate Makefile.in from Makefile.am
License: GPL-2

Since I don't want to start plugging older versions of system software & risk breaking things, I guess I'll wait for the tarball. =)
Before you run make -f Makefile do an "export WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.7"
It's what worked for me. I don't know if this will work on any other OS than gentoo, your milage may vary if using anything else.

Dedpoet
02-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Identical error on RedHat 9, in case anyone was wondering.

bonkersbobcat
02-06-2005, 10:07 PM
See top level thread for a fix to the build issue

BB

cann
02-07-2005, 03:49 AM
did a clean install from CVS and used the latest patch (02062005.patch) got a new error message

Warning: !!!! EQPacketFragmentSequence::addFragment(): buffer overflow adding in new fragment to buffer with seq 022a on stream 3, opcode 0164. Buffer is size 95313 and has been filled up to 94824, but tried to add 506 more!

this happens randomly in any zone

/cann

JustMeAgain27
02-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Thanks for all the work people.

my problem is i am not keen on upgrading (automake etc) my machine as its supports several other services including www and a BB neither i want to mess up (again).

so is any one planing to make a tar ball of this ?
or am i going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade ?

BTW first try at upgrading automake seemed to indicate that other things needed changing as well. so i guess my whole kernel and installation is a bit out of date Linux rainbow 2.4.20-8.

bonkersbobcat
02-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Thanks for all the work people.
so is any one planing to make a tar ball of this ?
Once the code is clean and most of the op codes are found I am sure someone will make a tarball. That may be a bit though. In the mean time if you don't want to update your build environment, you can find a tarball from the .16 release and apply all the patches that get posted yourself (and then build with the build enviroment that you build .16 with)

BB

JustMeAgain27
02-07-2005, 07:09 AM
tried applying the patches to the 16a tarball.
but got a number of rejected chunks. ill try again this afternoon and see what actually got rejected.

purple
02-07-2005, 07:11 AM
This patch is again AGAINST LATEST CVS.

*cough* *cough*

purple
02-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Cann, I'm guessing you forgot to make install. I haven't seen that error in awhile.

JustMeAgain27
02-07-2005, 07:48 AM
next try :)

have 16a tree that builds.

So got the latest cvs and applied patch. (no errors)

then copied the .h .cpp files from the cvs tree into the 16a tree that builds.

not sure if this is going to work but seems to be compiling which is an improvement ..

uRit1u2CBBA=
02-07-2005, 07:58 AM
You did the exact same steps that I did - and it works as fine as it can work with incomplete opcodes.

cann
02-07-2005, 11:56 PM
ok i recompiled and make sure i did a "make install" this time =P

Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00f0 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00f1 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00f2 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00f3 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00f4 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00f5 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00f6 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00f7 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00f8 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00f9 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00fa in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00fb in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00fc in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 00fd in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 0100 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 010b in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 0116 in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Warning: Oversized packet fragment requested buffer of size 0 on stream 3 OpCode 0000 seq 0118
Debug: SEQ: Giving up on finding arq 011e in stream zone-client cache, skipping!
Time: Wed Aug 10,3194 - 04:11 am
Warning: !!!! EQPacketFragmentSequence::addFragment(): buffer overflow adding in new fragment to buffer with seq 01d2 on stream 3, opcode 0000. Buffer is size 92854 and has been filled up to 92677, but tried to add 506 more!

/cann

Mornie
02-08-2005, 06:23 AM
got the lastest cvs + patching (had a working .0.16 before this)

and got this error..

make -f Makefile.dist configure
Generating aclocal.m4 from configure.in..................... done!
Generating configure headers (config.h.in).................. done!

any hints? what package needs upgraded?

purple
02-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Mornie, not to be impolite, but that error is plastered all over these forums. Please look around for help.

Cann, talking with someone on IRC who has the same problem, I think that has to do with 2 boxing. Are you 2 boxing? I haven't implemented Session Tracking yet, so if it sees two streams it gets hell of confused. I hope that's what it is. For now, you might get around it by setting Network->Monitor Client IP Address to be the IP of the machine you want to have seq follow.

Mornie
02-08-2005, 08:36 AM
hmm yeah I forgot to try a search, sorry..

Its not related to starting seq, but trying to compile it...

*edit*

tried a search and cant find any related error msg...
anyone??

also found it wierd retrieving the beta cvs version I could no longer use the standard

make -f Makefile.dist

but had to do
make -f Makefile.dist donfigure

is this correct?

quackrabbit
02-08-2005, 08:50 AM
make -f Makefile.dist donfigure

is this correct?
No,

It's supposed to be

make -f Makefile.dist all

For your other question above, here's the specific answer (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showpost.php?p=38011). What's really funny is that the answer is in this thread! LOL.

Mornie
02-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks quakrabbit

Had a look in the Makefile.dist.dbg file and found that out as well...

Unfortunatly im running a stable debian dist atm and highest is 1.5 :(

Time to build a new box sigh...

purple
02-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Or wait for an official release in the next couple days and lay off the early dev patches *wink*

cann
02-08-2005, 04:51 PM
purple, it happens both when i 2 box and when not, i have set my local ip under moinitor ip, when i 2 box i use 2 computers

/cann

Dedpoet
02-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Or wait for an official release in the next couple days and lay off the early dev patches *wink*

Or download the beta into a new directory, patch it up with purple's patch, then copy all of the .ccp and .h files into your 5.0.16a directory, and compile it there just like you used to. It works for getting your fix until a release.