PDA

View Full Version : New Netcode Revision 3

purple
02-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Another update for you guys. Patch is against latest CVS again, so wipe and resync off CVS like before.

The main thing this does is brings in more opcodes from the past couple days and also fixes the sync issue with seq not updating your position quickly enough on the map. Also, this brings in uRit1u2CBBA's con color changes which were in his tarball but not in my diff and not in cvs yet.

I expect to finish up the rest of my todo list on the net code side of things tonight or tomorrow and post a final revision 4 which someone with commit access will get put into CVS. Hopefully at that point there won't be source changes and only opcode changes. So if you're debating waiting for a new tarball or dealing with autoconf/automake, I'd recommend waiting for someone to release a new tarball out of cvs.

If you have crashes or see problems, please post. There's a lot of new code here and we want this as good as possible before we release it. So if you have problems, speak up. There are still opcodes to be found, but less than before! If you find some new ones, please post in the opcodes thread or here so I can pick them up.

Attached: 02072005.patch.gz.txt (remove .txt, gzipped patch)

uRit1u2CBBA=
02-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks purp :)

purple
02-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Oops. Thanks to Quack for picking up my flub quickly. I broke dead mobs turning into corpses. Here's a new better patch. Sorry to those who already got this going.

quackrabbit
02-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Also, after you patch, make sure you get the latest opcode files from this thread (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5202).

You can either copy them to the showeq/conf path before you make install or if you've already done the install you can copy them to /usr/local/share/showeq. Just remember they will get overwritten each time you do a make install.

=)

Ratt
02-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey guys... do I need to commit some patches to CVS? IE - is anyone taking care of it, or do I need to step in and take up the slack?

purple
02-08-2005, 10:56 AM
BB was gonna get it once I let him know that things were back up functionality-wise to where we were pre-1/26. So I think we're good, Ratt. Thanks for offering.

Ratt
02-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Ok - I keep an eye on the forums, but obviously I'm not active in either EQ or SEQ much anymore. So if something needs attention and I don't appear to have seen it, someone PM me.

eqhunter
02-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Also, after you patch, make sure you get the latest opcode files from this thread (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5202).

You can either copy them to the showeq/conf path before you make install or if you've already done the install you can copy them to /usr/local/share/showeq. Just remember they will get overwritten each time you do a make install.

=)

sorry but I dont understand this part. cound someone please give a little more detail

BlueAdept
02-08-2005, 09:37 PM
Means check that thread to see if any new opcodes were found and then add/change them in your xml file.

The xml files are in your /usr/local/share/showeq dir or in your /root/.showeq dir

I am not currently in EQ and havent run v5 in over a year so your on your own. You can also try "locate showeq" to locate showeq folders.