PDA

View Full Version : Showeq 5.0.0.17-pre1 RPMS for Fedora Core released

CeleSEQ
02-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Files are up in my usual location:

http://gibbled.com/seq

Note that since there isn't an official release to build from yet, I built this from what was in CVS on the 9th. I've linked the tarball I used on the page so people can inspect it if they wish.

To install these on Fedora Core 3 for the first time, download both the maps and the application package, then go to the directory you saved them in and type the command

rpm -ivh showeq-5.0.0.17-pre1.i386.rpm showeq-maps-1.0-3.rpm

and the packages will install. As always, you will need to be root to install the packages or run ShowEQ. (If you're downloading a future version, of course the version numbers won't be the same.)

When you need to update, you will usually only need to update the showeq package, the showeq-maps package will rarely change. Just update with

rpm -Fvh <newrpmhere>

If you aren't using Fedora Core 3, but your system does use RPMs, feel free to try and see if these work. I know they don't install directly on RHEL3 Workstation, due to an issue with the libpcap version, but it worked fine when I rebuilt the SRPM on the RHEL3 box. If there is demand for it, I could build RHEL3 binaries as well, but I'm guessing there aren't many who will want those.

Note that I've built it so that it places SEQ under /usr/bin, and the maps and other files in /usr/share/showeq, and documentation is in /usr/share/doc/showeq-<version> but if you're a keener on keeping it in /usr/local it should be relocateable.