PDA

View Full Version : CeleSEQ rpm question

gruntsters
02-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Running FC3

I installed the pre1 rpm and the maps rpm from your gibbled.com site. Seemed to do ok installing. Showeq fired up but wasn't functional, but I figured that.

I just now did the rpm -Fvh with the pre2 rpm, it also seemed to install properly. When I run showeq and then load a character on another machine I get this error.

Warning: SEQ: received sequenced packet outside the boundds of reasonableness. Expecting seq=0000 got seq=5a78, reasonableness being 1024 in the future.

I did a search on this site and the answer for those that were using the cvs method, is that they missed a compile. Did I do something wrong with the update ?

Can I try and run it with the rpm -ivh ?

CeleSEQ
02-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Well, I haven't tested the pre2 rpm yet, so if you're having problems I guess I'd better look at it. I'll get my wife to log into eq and see what I see.

Edit: she's babysitting extra kids atm, so it'll be a bit. I took a look at the build environment though, it definitely applied the patch correctly before building. I'll post again once she gets a few spare minutes.

CeleSEQ
02-19-2005, 12:01 AM
Ok.... I logged in and tested and it worked fine for me, so at least for some systems, the pre2 rpm does work.

gruntster, could you please do the following to collect some information for me about your system:

(as root)

# uname -a > gruntster.system.profile.txt
# cat /etc/redhat-release >> gruntster.system.profile.txt
# cat /proc/cpuinfo >> gruntster.system.profile.txt
# rpm -qa >> gruntster.system.profile.txt

Then take the gruntster.system.profile.txt file and email it to me at [email protected], or if you prefer, you can probably cut and paste it into a personal message here on the boards. That will help me figure out what might be different between your system and mine that is preventing it from working. Take a look at the info to make sure you're okay with sending it to me... basically what it will have is the information about what kernel you are running, what version of redhat/fedora, information about your cpu, and a list of all the rpms installed on your system.

Thanks... if you can get me this information it will help me identify why some people are having troubles with my rpms... I have a feeling I must be missing a prerequisite somewhere, so the people who have the prereq installed it works for, and those who don't it doesn't.

gruntsters
02-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Doh, wiped my FC3 install. Re-installed the OS and updates. Will try again (same way) with this fresh OS. If I get the same answers, will do as you suggest above.

or should I just install the latest (pre2) rpm w/o the first one (pre1) ?

CeleSEQ
02-19-2005, 11:17 AM
The latest showeq and the latest showeq-maps are all that are required, so no need to install pre1 before pre2. The upgrades generally go pretty smoothly though. Sometimes it is necessary to clean out the ~/.showeq directory (in your /root dir usually), but that honestly is rare.

So for a new system, you just need to install whatever the latest is. I'll be releasing a new release again this afternoon, so if you hang on, i'll have that up.

gruntsters
02-19-2005, 07:47 PM
downloaded and installed the latest version of showeq and maps rpm from your site and installed it on my fresh FH3 install. Tested it for a couple of minutes, seems to run great ! Will use it extensively tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch !