PDA

View Full Version : Debian help

savage_beagle
02-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Hi all, In all the time I have used seq I have always been able to work through problems either through search or pure trial and error. However I have an error that I can't seam to solve either way. Search brought back some hits about directory permissions and making sure I'm logged in as su -. I have confirmed all of these to be ok so I have come to you for advice. This error is going against Tanners ShowEQ 5.0.0.17-purple1 .deb package.

Warning: OP_RandomReply (0x6ee1) (dataLen: 88) doesn't match:

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. I have been battleing this for 2 days and am at my wits end or I wouldn't be coming to you guys.

purple
02-19-2005, 01:44 PM
You're using the wrong zoneopcodes.xml. Make sure you don't have one in your ~/.showeq directly.

savage_beagle
02-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks purple.

The zoneopcodes.xml file I am using is the one currently in CVS. It is loading from user/share/showeq. The version in CVS has the line:

<opcode id="6ee1" name="OP_RandomReply" updated="01/26/05">

Which matches the version I'm using. Is there a newer version than this?

I have confirmed that this is the only zoneopcodes.xml file on my system.

purple
02-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Got no idea how the debs are setup, but I do know that OP_RandomReply is 74bc right now, which to me means you have an old zoneopcodes.xml.

savage_beagle
02-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks again purple.

I replaced the opcode with the one you gave me and that takes care of that issue. I'm still getting no skittles or maps so I'm sure I need to update many others. I will try and track down the current zoneopcodes file. It doesn't appear that it was packaged up in Tanners .deb file. It is installing the one currently in CVS which as you have shown me, is wrong.

purple
02-19-2005, 05:01 PM
They all changed with 2/15 yeah *grin*

tanner
02-20-2005, 09:16 PM
My fault. Even documented the problem!

# See 5.0.0.16-5 for details, summary, patching patches is a hard thing to do
binary-predeb/showeq::
install debian/worldopcodes.xml debian/showeq/usr/share/showeq/
install debian/zoneopcodes.xml
debian/showeq/usr/share/showeq/

Building new release now.

tanner
02-20-2005, 10:48 PM
See this thread:

http://www.showeq.net/forums/showpost.php?p=38342&postcount=5

It should fix the .xml mismatch/wrong version issue you describe here.

tano
02-25-2005, 06:51 AM
Hehe Tanner

That is the exact error that I mailed you about the other day - the email about debian apt-get and making sure that my system is the same as yours because the .deb version of showeq stopped working for me.

Glad that it wasn't something I was doing wrong for once!

Tano

tanner
02-25-2005, 09:28 AM

The above error isn't debian specific, I believe. Someone with more knowledge on the subject will need to answer that for sure.

That is the exact error that I mailed you about the other day - the email about debian apt-get and making sure that my system is the same as yours because the .deb version of showeq stopped working for me.

Glad that it wasn't something I was doing wrong for once!

I am confused, does your system work or not work?

I talked with purple on irc, should have the following in your zoneopcodes.xml:

<opcode id="74bc" name="OP_RandomReply" updated="02/15/05">

I've double checked, with 5.0.0.18-0.1 you can do this.

$ grep -i OP_RandomReply /usr/share/showeq/zoneopcodes.xml
<opcode id="74bc" name="OP_RandomReply" updated="02/15/05">

My installed version of 5.0.0.18-0.1, the build tree and cvs snapshot all have <opcode id="74bc" name="OP_RandomReply" updated="02/15/05">, let me know if isn't the case for you.

tano
02-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Sorry for the confusion mate.

I just saw the exact problem that I'd been having described by savage_beagle and then saw your post saying it was your fault due to a problem with the .deb. Therefore I put two and two together and thought I'd probably have a working SEQ from your new 17-0.4 release - I'm at work at the moment so couldn't tell you whether it has actually worked or not.

I was really puzzled when my SEQ from apt-get stopped working and had assumed it was something I had done to my Debian install (thought that somehow I had changed my install so that it wasn't compatible with your compiled version). I compiled the patched version from CVS and that worked fine so that was why I sent you the email.

Now if I'm understanding it correctly it was due to a problem with the zoneopcodes.xml in the .deb file I had apt-get from you? Hence me saying that I was glad it wasn't me this time :)

Now am I right or have I confused things even more? ;)

tano
02-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Just to say that the new .deb package is working a treat for me :)

Thanks Tanner