PDA

View Full Version : Unknown ?!?

Joshi
02-14-2002, 12:43 PM
Hiya

Got a little problem here, just installed it all seams fine no error or anything it seams.
Get the right map when logging.
BUT I see all as unknown (except some thing like Forge and Oven ans such) my HP is right thou as only thing that seams to work beside its a great GPS, but not excatually what I excepted
My libEQ.a should be right just downloaded it and after md5sum it has the right number.
Anyone can tell me what is wrong ?

Joshi

SeqTester
02-14-2002, 12:55 PM
This is a shot in the dark but I will try to help.

Well if you had an old version installed before you may have brokendecode turned on.
Check your showeq.conf

BrokenDecode 0 # set to 1 to skip spawn packets

Make sure this is 0

I hope this helps

Joshi
02-14-2002, 01:02 PM
Thank you for replying this fast :)

I actually had a old one installed but never got it to work at all, so right now I deleted it all and started from scratch.
Darn I wish I had seen it before maybe it will have saved me a lot of time if it was a little thing like that and im pretty sure it was.
Was maybe a little to quick to post here but lets see what happends when it is finish.

Joshi

SeqTester
02-14-2002, 01:57 PM
Also FYI this is in /usr/local/share/showeq and will still be here if all you deleted was the files from CVS.

Hope this helps and Good luck.

Joshi
02-14-2002, 04:56 PM
Every thing is working after reinstall :)
But the Deep and the Grey is still unknown still but that is prolly something els I have no control over.

It was the /usr/local/share/showeq I deleted.

high_jeeves
02-14-2002, 05:44 PM
Spawns are only decoded when a new spawn enters the zone (could be a spawn, player, pet, whatever). The new spawn packet is where the encryption weakness is. So, it fairly underused zones, sometimes it can be a while before they decode (since very little is spawning). If you kill a few things, or summon a pet, it should decode for you.

--Jeeves

Joshi
02-15-2002, 02:47 AM
Thanks Jeeves was a nice thing to know especially when Im a pet class :)

Joshi